Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bin and XDF  (Read 863 times)
Grytis

« on: July 12, 2023, 12:34:26 PM »

Hello, im new like new new. And want to learn. Have been reading up the  s4wiki.com exploring nefmoto forums and checking what other people have done. But i still yet to try it on my car.

Anyways, help me understand the concept of BIN and XDF files. To use TunerPro program I see you need those two files. And what I got from checking other ppl stuff that they are all different. Folder/ tables etc. As I understand this is custom ish. As I see you can get XDF file from your ECU using nefmoto. But what a hell is BIN file and where do I get it. Is it the same thing as in "PC world" usually bin files where "virtual discs" that can be pleased inside a pc. Is it the same? Virtual representation of your ECU? Or is is completely different thing. As I understand BIN and XDF has to match your specific ecu to edit it. 
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 03:43:12 PM »

"bin" refers to the actual tune or calibration data that was pulled off the ecu and what is actually calibrated. The XDF is made by the user, and is used to define the maps in the bin file in tuner pro to be used for calibration.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Grytis

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 01:46:48 AM »

thank you for your patience answering stupid questions Smiley.

So I was wandering can I use any XDF file I find ? Or do I need to make it from scratch(which I still needs to learned, how to) from my exact ecu bin file? Playing around with others XDF I noticed thet values ar out of wak. So I'm guessing I cant?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: