Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Author Topic: 1.8t AWP Part throttle hickup!!! WTF!!  (Read 89858 times)
dream3R

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 04:31:17 PM »

Atr isn't helping

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
dream3R

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 09:02:29 PM »

Yea. Ddlinger, im not touchig fueling electronically. I know i have a lot to learn. This thread was atarted strictly for diagnosis to fix an issue which i believe is hardware related.

Yea i knew all the info buying into the A35HV, it wasnt too expensive and it advertised better numbers than the dw65v. Could be bullshit but i went with it. Nothing seemed to change with the feel of the car when i put the fuel pump in.

Unless the pump is woefully underpowered than it was advertised as or theres an issue with the fpr, is there any other reason the injectors could be maxed?

[ENGLISH DAZ]

Test FR
READ THE F**UCking noobS Section and wiki
START From SCRATCH

You're not listening something is gonna go boooom

lamfa fucked
bts is fucked
kzw I wonder
load needs raised
you need more fuel
GEn MAF
Get it running on stock map an change 1 thing at a time unti you are comfortable
Start logging shit and pushing timing
Wide band if not already
Get a map you're happy with and teak it....looks like your boost LDRPID/LDRMX you boost is oscillating
Prerequisite reading post hardware noobs section in my sig, look at various tunes here and their strategies.

I'm not angry, I wan't to help mate, just blinking listen to Nye and Daz especially I don't like how there's like zero knock calcs as the voltages, freaks me out, especially on spool.

[/English DAZ]

p.s.  Me and many other are here to help, a few tuners leach but that's the price we pay.

I vote vote noob section! Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:05:18 PM by dream3R » Logged

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

golfputtputt

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 09:42:51 PM »

None of that is related to my issue. Like i said, this issue was present long before i had done any hardware modifications (and subsequently, software emissions changes) to my car....did you read any of my posts...?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:49:55 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
dream3R

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »

None of that is related to my issue. Like i said, this issue was present long before i had done any hardware modifications (and subsequently, software emissions changes) to my car....did you read any of my posts...?

Yes try the ETM, I think we got overwelmed at the map mate sorry hw first

golfputtputt

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 07:57:43 PM »

Ok, more good news, there was definitely a leak affecting the FPR. I plumbed a T fitting into the hose that feeds the FPR and connected the boost gauge to that a long time ago. I put a new hose from the manifold to the FPR directly and attached the boost gauge also directly to the manifold so they have nothing to do with each other and the boost fluctuation disappeared. Car feels better.

As of right now, injectors are still maxed. Perhaps an injector clog? Anyone have any theories?
AFR looks better. Doesn't stay as lean as late, enriching quicker as it should be. BTS is still kicking in at 4,300 aprox. Why are my EGT's so high? I still think there are hardware issues. I'm going to reset the DTC's and see if the misfires are gone too.

Seriously, Any theories on maxed fuel injectors? Theres no way removal of emissions equipment and a 3" exhaust and cone filter are maxing out my injectors, that's gotta be ridiculous right?

Anyone have any ides on how to feed EGT info to the ECU?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:22:37 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 10:46:04 PM »

Injectors are maxed because you're requesting single digit AFR's due to ATR.

EGT's are fine. Ignition angle is fine. Raise TABGBTS to something reasonable, use some driver requested enrichment so that it's running a reasonable AFR at peak boost, and everything will look 100x better.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
golfputtputt

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 06:09:43 AM »

Yes, i understand the concept but i did not request this, this is how it came from the factory. Did the factory intend on bts to come in that damn early and intentionally, maxing out injectors??? If so, how is that being used for part protection???
Im not trying to argue what the factory has done, but if its shit right out of the box, i'd like to know. Why utilize bts for massive wot enrichment?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:12:10 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
adam-

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2016, 06:19:47 AM »

It's a different method of fuelling.  Either control via pedal input (LAMFA) or BTS.  It shouldn't max out stock injectors on a stock tune I wouldn't have thought though.
prj

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2016, 07:05:31 AM »

It's a different method of fuelling.  Either control via pedal input (LAMFA) or BTS.  It shouldn't max out stock injectors on a stock tune I wouldn't have thought though.
The correct way is to use both.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
adam-

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2016, 08:10:44 AM »

The correct way is to use both.

I shouldn't have used "either", but yes, you're correct.  Initial ramp up with fuel with lamfa, and then use BTS to follow.  Or lamfa to follow pedal request, then BTS for knock.

Depends how you want to tune.  Set TABS to a suitable level.
ddillenger

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »

Yes, i understand the concept but i did not request this, this is how it came from the factory. Did the factory intend on bts to come in that damn early and intentionally, maxing out injectors??? If so, how is that being used for part protection???
Im not trying to argue what the factory has done, but if its shit right out of the box, i'd like to know. Why utilize bts for massive wot enrichment?

Don't try to analyze whatever they were doing. It's not worth it. Just imagine most calibration engineers as heavy day drinkers and it makes much more sense.

But seriously, emissions.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 11:49:06 AM »

But seriously, emissions.

And EPA estimated fuel economy (not real world economy)... the BTS protection is generally tuned so it doesn't trigger during EPA testing... and LAMFA fueling is disabled to make sure there is never any non-BTS enrich.

To compensate (to prevent motor grenades) BTS is mega aggressive everywhere outside those testing parameters.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 03:30:24 PM »

THANK YOU! Now i understand. Thats what i had an inkling about, that BTS was meant to come on intentionally.

Yes, heavy day drinkers indeed....
golfputtputt

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2016, 07:59:45 PM »

still having issues with a series of things, If anyone has any more ideas on what to check, let me know.

I'm going to clean out the injectors this weekend, resistance is 11.8 ohms on all injectors so I don't think that is the issue.
Changed out FPR to another used one that was verified good that I had lying around.

I have a spare ECU that I've been trying to get the immo adapted to my key, having issues with getting it to work. Anyone have a concise way of going about that? Im ok with immo defeat but I'd rather try and adapt first...

I think there may be an ECU issue, I've been getting a:

01314-Engine Control Module 49-10- No communications- intermittent code in the instrument tab in VCDS

I'm also getting a different code from Nefmoto DTC reader but I forgot to write that down before I cleared it. I'll get that tomorrow but It had something to do with the ECU I think.

I'm still getting a lot of odd behavior from part throttle, cold starting and deceleration idle behavior.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I made some changes that seem to have made a good difference.
Lamfa values in last column
TLAFA from 1 to 0
BTS up to 649.99 from 399.99

Any idea on what to do next?
Whats the correlation between the difference in throttle plate angle and pedal position? Lamfa seems not to kick in until plate angle is 100% and it builds up to 100 far after pedal position is 100. Why does it take so long?
Logs to match
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:32:25 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2016, 08:34:38 PM »

Attached logs, bin, xdf and image
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: