Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Installing Zeitronix ZT-2 in a B5 S4  (Read 15232 times)
phila_dot

« on: September 29, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »

I will be installing my wideband and was looking for any tips you guys might have. The current plan is to put the controller in the glove box. I would like to run the sensor harness into the cabin without coming up and over/thru the second firewall if possible. My main questions are:

How did you route the sensor harness?

Where did you tap for RPM and TPS?

Anyone using the user input?

Thanks guys.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 02:46:09 PM »

I am using an Innovate wideband. I ran the wires into the cabin where the ECU wires enter above the steering column.

I have two brand new EGTs for use with the Zeitronrix setup if anyone wants to buy them off me.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Matt Danger

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:15:04 AM »

I installed my controller in the ECU box, basically the same method that FlyBoy used:

http://www.myaudis4.com/info_zeltronix_af_meter.htm
phila_dot

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 07:44:14 PM »

I finally installed my wideband this weekend. Well, partially.

I installed the wideband sensor in the bank 1 rear O2 sensor bung. I ran the sensor harness up, through the firewall, through the ECU box, all the way to the controller in the glove box. I am still undecided if I am going to leave the controller in there because it is kinda awkward. The way it is designed, wires come out of both ends.

The only wiring that I had time to complete was, switched 12v at 75x, and the ground at the fuse panel. Hopefully, I will get the chance to finish the wiring this weekend. It plan on tapping for RPM from pin 37 (green/blue wire) and TPS from pin 92 (black/grey wire). A recent post on QW suggested that tapping the TPS is uneccessary because it is typically logged through ECUx or ME7L anyway. So, I might skip it as the less hacking into the wiring harness the better.

I installed my ZR-2 gauge on the steering column in a Podi gauge pod I got for $20 from the S&D sale. I'm pretty happy with it.

Anyone have a good method for merging ZDL logs with ECUx or ME7L? I haven't had a look at the ouput yet because I still need a usb/serial adapter and to finish the wiring.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

ecuxplot will try to overlay them

make sure to specify "include initial summary" when you export the file from the Data Logger or it wont be able to figure out wtf is going on.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:31:22 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Leflerej

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »

Are the readings on the wideband still accurate using a stock o2 bung location? I have been holding off on installing mine because i thought we needed to add a bunch closer to the turbo.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »

they're fine even further downstream of that, if you have no precats (secondary location)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »

Are the readings on the wideband still accurate using a stock o2 bung location? I have been holding off on installing mine because i thought we needed to add a bunch closer to the turbo.

At least 12 inches post turbo and before any cats is recommended.
Leflerej

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »

phila_dot- i just finished my zietronix install this weekend as well. I was findings a lot of people having issues tapping into several different wires for TPS. The only one that i found people having successful results was with a Black/Grey. Its suppose to be located in Pin#92, mine was actually one up in pin# 100, which didnt make any sense to me but ended up working just fine.

Much easier install than I expected, i located everything under my ECU which worked well. I am not sure where i will route my logging cable though.
phila_dot

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »

I ended up moving the controller to under the dash. I hated it in the glove box, but I didn't like it in my ECU box either. I ran the serial cable under the dash to the passenger side because my serial to usb adapter is only 8" long. I tuck the serial cable in the glove box from the rear when I'm not using it and drop it down from behind when logging.
Leflerej

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 06:34:54 PM »

Thats probobly the best and safest way to do it. I pieced my kit together so i havnt bought the logging cable yet. I live only a few miles from vast, think they would carry them or have them in stock?
rnagy86

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »

I've also had a ZT-2 installed in my car but I did not hook up the EGT sensor yet and I've mounted
the Zeitronix LCD on the bottom left corner of my windshield. The central module and the MAP sensor
is installed under the wheel and the serial cable of the ZT-2 is placed at the fuse panel, so whenever i need it,
i can just pop the plastic cover off and hook it up to my laptop using a usb to serial cable.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:18:28 AM by rnagy86 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: