Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MED 9.1  (Read 14033 times)
turbo944s2

« on: March 09, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »

Hello,

I am new to engine tuning but I do have a background in PLC programming and industrial electricity. I purchased an MPPS v13, a BDM and a spare ecu. I have managed to get the three files from my ecu. Flash, EEPROM and Ep2. My question is if I get those files from my primary ecu( that is in the car) and over write the files on my spare ecu, will the spare ecu be an exact clone of my original?

ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 04:22:15 PM »

Yes.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
turbo944s2

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 06:18:04 PM »

Thanks DDillenger! It worked! Im so pumped up about this!
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 09:43:16 PM »

I'm pumped for you !

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
turbo944s2

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »

Hmm another question. I have a BDM100 Clone, Winols doesnt detect it. I made some changes to my file but when I save the changes the file is now an OLS. Can I use Dim Sport to load an OLS file?

ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 06:38:40 PM »

Nope. Need to export a binary. It appears as though you might have a test version of winOLS? Which can't export. If you upload your OLS I will export a checksummed bin for you Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
gman86

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »

Make your changes in OLS and then jump to text view in the hex dump. Copy and paste your changes into your file using a hex editor such as HxD.

Both BDM100 and MPPS will checksum your file on the way in.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:37:53 PM by gman86 » Logged
turbo944s2

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 03:32:03 AM »

Thanks guys. Ill let you guys know of the outcome when I try it. Ill be installing a built engine next weekend. My goal right now is to get the car to start, idle and run decent with RS4 Injectors, a larger HPFP, and then drive the car to the fabricator (custom exhaust and intercooler piping). After that I may dive in deeper and start trying to make more power.

For some reason I cant get the MPPS v13 to read, Ive ordered the v16 but Im afraid I will have the same outcome. I read something about having to enable read/write access through the OBDII, I dont know how to do that though. Seems like it would be very convenient if I could figure it out.

vwaudiguy

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 09:06:03 AM »

If this is an Audi ecu, v13 wont work. Not sure about v16 (have it, just never tried it). It seemed to be the same software, just with a different cable.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
gman86

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 04:33:04 AM »

If this is an Audi ecu, v13 wont work. Not sure about v16 (have it, just never tried it). It seemed to be the same software, just with a different cable.

I've written an A3, S3 and TTS with v13 and it works absolutely fine.
gman86

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 04:34:43 AM »

Thanks guys. Ill let you guys know of the outcome when I try it. Ill be installing a built engine next weekend. My goal right now is to get the car to start, idle and run decent with RS4 Injectors, a larger HPFP, and then drive the car to the fabricator (custom exhaust and intercooler piping). After that I may dive in deeper and start trying to make more power.

For some reason I cant get the MPPS v13 to read, Ive ordered the v16 but Im afraid I will have the same outcome. I read something about having to enable read/write access through the OBDII, I dont know how to do that though. Seems like it would be very convenient if I could figure it out.

Has the car been flashed before with a Revo trial or something like that?  ID it and get an ORI file and write that in. If that works, it's been locked by another tuner
turbo944s2

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 05:40:09 AM »

Ah ok that sounds like a plan. I think the tune is stock but I am not 100 percent sure on that. I copied the contents from the original over to the spare I didnt examine it very much, they look pretty much the same ( For a person that is new to ecu programming). I backed up the files from the spare ecu too, once i figure out how to copy the immobilizer data I could try that one.

gman86

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 05:45:10 AM »

Ah ok that sounds like a plan. I think the tune is stock but I am not 100 percent sure on that. I copied the contents from the original over to the spare I didnt examine it very much, they look pretty much the same ( For a person that is new to ecu programming). I backed up the files from the spare ecu too, once i figure out how to copy the immobilizer data I could try that one.

Restore flash and EEPROM onto the other ECU and its cloned.
turbo944s2

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 06:23:52 AM »

Restore flash and EEPROM onto the other ECU and its cloned.

I was able to clone my factory computer. Tonight I will try to compare the two files better to see if either of them were chipped.
turbo944s2

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »

I compared the files side by side in Winols they seem identical except for the immobilizer area.  I see how to transfer the immo data from one to another. Now Im totally lost in how to do it in the EP2 File(because I dont know what to change). I see the V.I.N and I can change that but everything else i cant really tell. I opened it in the hex editor but i dont understand the code.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: