Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECM Titanium??Anyone use it???  (Read 9421 times)
EuroXs4

« on: March 27, 2016, 10:57:02 AM »

Anyone use ecm titanium to tune???I got a copy of the software from a friend.But when loading stock file from a b6 a4 it seems to find a driver definition file for a 8L a3.Therefore I am not sure if the values in the stored maps that are found are any good.They just dont make any sense.Anyone use this software???
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 11:37:43 AM »

It's crap.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Mechsoldier

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »

Anyone use ecm titanium to tune???I got a copy of the software from a friend.But when loading stock file from a b6 a4 it seems to find a driver definition file for a 8L a3.Therefore I am not sure if the values in the stored maps that are found are any good.They just dont make any sense.Anyone use this software???

I use it, but I have the actual version of it. The problems you're running into are because you aren't using the real version, and so it has no way to update or know the definition files. It isn't as good as winols but there are upsides to the actual registered version, as a paying customer it sorts out and finds the correct definition files almost always, and since I pay for it when it doesn't find the right one I email them and they make me a definition file overnight.

Its more of like an entry level tuning tool for people that aren't capable of locating the maps on their own.

C2 motorsports uses Kess v2 and ECMtitanium as well but primarily even though they're the distributor in the US they still even us Winols.

So basically, if you shell out the cash for the real one, which they sell for like half price if you buy the Kess v2 setup as well, then you get their driver support and its ok. Pirated versions don't work well.

The upside I like is that I don't have to mess with any checksum stuff, between ecmtitanium and Kess V2 it does that for you, so you simply have to modify the tables and that's it.

And, unfortunately their def files are all through their system so theres no way for me to provide you one.
Mechsoldier

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 11:43:48 PM »

For the record I'm not advocating you actually buy Kess- and ECM titanium. I bought it because of the support and when you own a business you can't really be spending all your time trying to figure things out.

I also did a fair amount of Tricor cars which aren't as easy to do with free software. Knowing what I know now I could use the free stuff to do anything not Tricore...but like I said I needed the ability for a customer to show up me take their cash and have a file in an hour on their car...so.

To answer your question. Their software is very good at picking the correct file out. And when it DOESN'T then the numbers won't make any sense at all, because the maps will he for the wrong addresses.

So if when you open up the fuel map, and the numbers in the tables are real lambda numbers that seem to make sense then it's right. When you open one that isn't the right driver, you'll like open ignition timing and have zeroes in places, numbers that clearly aren't timing numbers, etc.

So if you've tuned before and know what the maps should typically look like, and the numbers look plausible then it's probably right.

That program is made in Italy and the files are based off whatever the person who sent them the file to make the driver initially said it was for.

So for example the mk4 wide band 1.8t file I have, the default file says it's an a3 as well.

Also the ecm titanium doesn't do the checksums, it's actually the Kess v2 hardware that does it, so you're probably going to need an external program to do that.

And I think those reasons are why people don't like it so much. If you spend the 7 grand on it all, it works great. And it's not geared toward people that are practically software engineers, it's geared toward somebody who can make sense of maps once theyou have them found but somebody who doesn't have the time or knowledge to be making definition files and searching for crap.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:46:10 PM by Mechsoldier » Logged
oxide32

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 05:08:17 AM »

I think its only useful point is the ability to disable o2 sensors and raise rev limiter. I certainly wouldn't use it for tuning its god damn awful.
Mechsoldier

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 02:53:13 AM »

You can disable O2 sensors in the bin file with a hex editor, most of the titanium definition files don't show the O2 sensor boxes to disable.

Again, I don't understand why people are saying this, it gives you access to all the same maps and tables that you guys modify with other programs. They don't CALL the maps the same things as far as the abbreviations, so for example the map will just be called base spark advance, or requested load, or whatever, but they are the exact same maps broken down by RPM and Load, and they're the same values even.

I haven't had ANY issues tuning with it.

Have you used the official version? Or is this just all people judging the program based on pirated versions of the software.

Their stuff is heavily reliant on using their servers and website for definition files and stuff, which I'm pretty sure is AIMED at keeping people from being able to steal the program. I don't have any issues at all tuning with it.

I'm TRUTHFULLY trying to figure out what you guys are talking about, but I've tune over 40 cars with mine, and I've had no issues, I've tuned over APR, REVO, Unitronic, C2, and GIAC tunes, and made MORE power than them.

So I am trying to wrap my head around why it gets so bashed on here. At first I almost went and bought Winols because ECM had such bad reviews on here, but since I've not run into any issues with it I just don't understand why I'd bother at this point.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: