Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2382 times)
Highly

« on: September 25, 2014, 10:55:29 AM »

New to Nefmoto and Bosch tuning, but I've been tinkering with tuning cars for...awhile. I started playing with ECU tuning with a weekend warrior Eagle Talon back in the 90s. That was followed by a 93 Civic where I learned a little about tuning for economy with Chrome and a Moates Ostrich. I've taken that a step further with my Megasquirt/L28ET powered Datsun 280z.

I own 3 MK4 VWs;
My wife's '00 Golf TDi, stock but for an InMotion Stage2 (nozzles and tune)
A project '02 Beetle TDi. It won't be at all stock.
My daily driven '00 1.8t Golf GTi.

I've been working on cars for many years and do all of my own work. I've got a moderately well appointed 60x40' shop to play with my cars in, and my primary hobby is competitive sound quality car audio (not the boom boom stuff...I'm too old for that crap)

My GTi is currently on the stock K03 and bottom end with the 'usual' high mileage (200K+) and stage2 mods; FMIC, EGR and SAI deleted, exhaust and snorkel updated. I currently have an OLD Revo stage2 (4 bar FPR) tune on it set for the local 91 octane for daily drivability. My intent will be to move the narrowband CL ECU out and replace it with a wideband HS ECU, delete the rear O2, EVAP and SAI codes, and begin following the Stage1 example to get a feel for how the unfamiliar load-based ME7.5 tuning works. I'm still researching precisely how that will happen while gathering together the basic tuning tools and getting a bench flashing setup verified and working. I am certain I will have some questions on the best choice of codebase for the replacement HS ECU when the time comes, but for right now I'm doing a ton of reading. I'm in no hurry, and enjoy the research but it's taking a bit of time to start piecing together how the ME7s see the world. Looking forward to clarity!

Thanks, and I'll try to ask well researched questions when the time comes!

-Todd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: