Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Author Topic: My Tial 605 Tune Thread  (Read 254406 times)
julex

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »

super light cruise should be at lambda 1. Are you telling us your car can't stick to L=1, afr=14.7 as per KFLBTS_0_A table?

If that's the case, log block 001 when cruising, if you see some crazy corrections there then your MAF calibration is very off or the injector stuff still very much off.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

If you are planning to run boost past the MAP limit, you may want to keep DLSOFS stock and use a locked WGDC file.

Ahh I understand, to give a little extra resolution with PID control you zero out the sensor?

No, i mean if you are running past the end of the MAP, you aren't using the PID anyway, and you want to keep the PID circuit riding at the edge of the locked WGDC limit. You do this by insuring the max MAP reading is always below the max req boost.

Any ideas on the super light cruise being very rich?  

I'm hoping once you pulll a bit of fuel, you'll be within the range of the max stfts.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »

^^^ I figured out what is causing the rich super light throttle, Min injector on time is too high, they don't go under 1.70ms... so obviously the injectors are on, but the throttle is only open so much causing the rich AFR's...

Anyway pulled some logs tonight... Car in general drives like ass... I think I'm going to give up on the NefMoto base tune from here on out... Doesn't matter what I do, it's not getting better no matter how nice I get the AFR's... it's always doing something strange.

I can't quite pin point it, but I really do have a feeling that it's something in that base file.

Ignore the red line/run, it was incomplete.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »

That 3rd gear wot log looks fine to me, so i'm assuming you're not happy with part throttle?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »

That 3rd gear wot log looks fine to me, so i'm assuming you're not happy with part throttle?

Even WOT feels funny sometimes... Sometimes the car has a slight "wavey" WOT pull, but other times it's smooth and pulls hard... But yes it's mainly cruise, although up to today the car drives pretty damn good, it's not driving as it should be.

So either I'm way off on my settings or something is up with the file somewhere.  And I must say, the more things I put back to stock M-box the better the car starts to drive.  Today I put the majority of the stock M-box timing table in the lower load sections (60 and less)...

Anyway, I've also attached a .xls with a more or less complete (~2100 to 6500 rpm) pull... maybe someone will be able to spot something.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 05:10:25 AM »

Well the drive to work this morning was pretty drama free, and the car pulled nice pretty much everywhere...  It's a little on the lean side IMO for cruise in certain places still which might cause some of the strangeness I feel when the motor is a little more heat soaked.

I'll try a few more revisions... I also think I need to raise the req boost down low as sometimes at say 1/2 or less throttle in a high gear on the highway between 10-15 psi I get throttle cut.

Also going to revise the timing table a bit to see if I can tune out the CF's and that might get rid of the wavyness I felt yesterday sometimes (looking at the logs 7-9 CF sometimes is just too high for my tastes).

julex

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 05:45:49 AM »

If by requested boost you mean engien load, go for it. I have it very high in all RPMs that the turbo has a chance to spool.

7-9 pull is way too high. When I tune my car, I aim for 4.5-6 is worse case scenario and this won't cause much of boost intervention which is probably what plagues your car.

Once you step into 9s, the boost/timing intervention becomes pretty noticeable which is probably what you described as "waviness".
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2011, 07:27:29 AM »

If by requested boost you mean engien load, go for it. I have it very high in all RPMs that the turbo has a chance to spool.

Exactly what I'm thinking..

7-9 pull is way too high. When I tune my car, I aim for 4.5-6 is worse case scenario and this won't cause much of boost intervention which is probably what plagues your car.

Once you step into 9s, the boost/timing intervention becomes pretty noticeable which is probably what you described as "waviness".

The more and more I think about it.. and the more logs I see, my KV's are not anywhere near crazy... but the CF's are high.  I'm going to go with the reasoning that other tuners dumb down the CF's.  and I'm willing to bet that OEM knock regulation is pretty conservative as well...

I'm going to smooth out my timing tables, and make some small changes to KRFKLN maybe?  Or is there another map I should be looking at to reduce the amount of CF's pulled per KV?

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 08:07:26 AM »

I'm going to smooth out my timing tables, and make some small changes to KRFKLN maybe?  Or is there another map I should be looking at to reduce the amount of CF's pulled per KV?

I have KFKEx raised a fraction on all cylinders. Not sure if yours is still stock calibration?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2011, 08:08:27 AM »

I have KFKEx raised a fraction on all cylinders. Not sure if yours is still stock calibration?

Yes it's completely stock in regards to knock correction

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2011, 08:23:59 AM »

Mine are raised 12% and combined with knocking off just a few degrees around the worst CF's - it lost perceptible hesitation and CF's are < 5/6.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2011, 08:39:17 AM »

Mine are raised 12% and combined with knocking off just a few degrees around the worst CF's - it lost perceptible hesitation and CF's are < 5/6.

Makes complete sense to me... I'm going to set some time aside this weekend... I really want to revamp a few things in the tune.

Thanks for the info! Smiley

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2011, 08:45:44 AM »

Well finally got it figured out! KFMIRL was the culprit on making the car jumpy...  After trying to raise it to avoid the TC in the lower end of the throttle the car got progressively worse in the same way. 

I got fed up (after making the same mistake twice, since I had changed more then one map I didn't know what caused the car to get worse) and over wrote the entire KFMIRL map with the one from a stock M-box.  I then raised the max and smoothed it upwards from 70%.  The car drives amazing now.

The only thing I have still yet to figure out is the rich condition at very light throttle/loads (just before overrun around 21-23 in hg).  I thought that it might be the minimum inj on time since in VCDS it doesn't go lower then 1.70ms but looking at the program the min on time is set to 0.50.  So, there is obviously something else causing it which I have ye to find.

Here are some logs with the car running nicely.  I am definitely out of fuel pump though (still stock pump) as I attempted to raise the boost (and onset of boost) and was running lean.

I would say that while impressive, the approx max for the stock pump is around 440awhp running @ 4bar.

Thanks to all for helping me so far... it kept me going!

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2011, 07:08:51 AM »

Ok after getting the pump in last night I decided to turn up the WGDC... the problem I'm having is fueling is all over the place for some reason...

It seems to dip down and then back up (as you can see in the logs)... it makes no sense what so ever.. anyone have any ideas?  I'd really like to be able to run a more aggressive tune before hitting the track today... 

This is one of my last logs, they all follow a similar patter... but in the last two revisions I believe I was saturating the MAF (right around 380 it flatlined) from 5000rpm and on, so I decided to lower the boost to avoid issues.  That's why the boost ramps up hard and then goes back down slightly in this file.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2011, 09:01:35 AM »

after some talking with another fellow self tuner... would this be something to correct in the MAF compensation tables?

Also, what/how is the load related to the MAF tables...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: