Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22
Author Topic: My Tial 605 Tune Thread  (Read 254421 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »

Can't trust narrowband O2s... output will vary by sensor (and aging, etc).

BUT i do worry about your EGTs ...

Yes is this the first time I've ever seen the EGT's go up.. BUT it was a full out WOT 2-6th! gear run, and that right after the full 3rd gear log above.  So I dunno, maybe the EGT's were really getting up there.   They don't seem to be sporadic though.

are they coded out?

still havent' checked out your throttle cut; i will do it time permitting. Also, might want to post this to QW and ill have jd take a peek..

No they're not coded out.

No worries, I will post them up there tomorrow.  Thanks for the insight tho!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »

I'm not seeing any TC in that log...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »

So I dunno, maybe the EGT's were really getting up there.   They don't seem to be sporadic though.

I'd add some fuel, or pull some boost sir Sad If those really are your EGTs, i'd worry...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2011, 05:39:49 AM »

Nye, now that I'm looking at it.. I think the EGT issue is because of the lack of IGN advance in the top end.  on my 3rd gear pull it seems like no more then around 17 deg by redline.

On the Multi gear pull even less, 5th gear l;ooks like under 15 deg for the most part, and 6th around 10.

That, combined with the back to back pulls I think is why the EGT's skyrocketed like they did by the end (and is why I've never seen it on a single 3rd gear pull).

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »

Nye, now that I'm looking at it.. I think the EGT issue is because of the lack of IGN advance in the top end.  on my 3rd gear pull it seems like no more then around 17 deg by redline.

Adding timing isn't going to help EGTs come down; you're already riding the knock recognition anyway.

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2011, 09:18:17 AM »

True I guess...

I'll add a little fuel Smiley

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »

Heh. I saw that JD wasn't concerned on QW. If he's not concerned, im not concerned Smiley

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »

Heh. I saw that JD wasn't concerned on QW. If he's not concerned, im not concerned Smiley

Well I'm might add a touch anyway... and maybe one day I'll do another multigear pull lol

vwaudiguy

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2011, 11:02:53 PM »

Heh. I saw that JD wasn't concerned on QW.

huh?   Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2011, 02:54:05 AM »

you still having part throttle issues? 

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »

kinda... although I'm at this point sure it's load related... and not AFR's or timing...

it has to do with the req. load from KFMIRL or something to that effect... Not quite sure.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »

Put KFMIRL back to stock.

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »

Put KFMIRL back to stock.

Yesterday I kinda did... I copied the stock map from the M-box back... then only increased 100% to 240.66 (26% over stock) did the same for all the load sites until 60%, then for 50% load I cut that in half so my map was completely smooth. 

The issues got worse then me having larger numbers before.

I will try a completely stock KFMIRL just to see how it reacts though.

I noticed yesterday on the highway in a high gear if I would try to keep the car around where I assume I'm getting TC (between 10-15psi) I noticed that even without full out TC (or if TC has already happened/passed) the boost gauge was still jumping around 3-4 psi (which could be felt).  Not sure if with the throttle body oscillating or not.. but I'm gonna have to log this behavior tonight so I can see what is exactly going on... as it's starting to drive me nuts.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »

So finally some good news!

We'll start with my light cruise issue... I started to compare my TVUB's to my data sheet from my injectors... for whatever reason they were MUCH larger then even what the sheet says.. I believe I used numbers from another member on here that offered to help me with that.

In the end, I plugged in the numbers from the sheet and wow, most of my issues that I had left are going away.. Warm start is much better, light cruise is no where near as rich as it used to be (before low 11's, low 12's at most) and also I noticed then when my EFK would turn on my motor would do a slight bog... not you don't even notice it when it is turning on or off.

So I'm going to continue to lower TVUB slowly until my warm start issue is completely gone and my light throttle cruise is almost 100% and then I'll be happy.

As for the strange cruising feeling I was getting, as I suspected it was KFMIRL... I played around with a few revisions and the more you increase the req load the worse it gets... It even gets to the point where the turbos will start to surge (5+ psi @ 2k rpm).

So I took nye's advice (and thinking back my own advice because I've been here before a few pages back lol) I put it back to M-box stock, and then only upped the 99.9% column by 26% to reach 240.6 and the 90% column by half that to make it smooth.

Car drives totally different and smooth!  I still do have an issue where it will on the highway in a high gear cut back boost if I build it slowly right around 15psi....  so that is something I will have to log to see if I fine out what it is.

But things are looking up!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »

So I'm going to continue to lower TVUB slowly until my warm start issue is completely gone and my light throttle cruise is almost 100% and then I'll be happy.

Can't wait to see where your TVUBs end up!

upped the 99.9% column by 26% to reach 240.6 and the 90% column by half that to make it smooth.

PERFECT! Smiley

Glad you got it all rock solid.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: