Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37
Author Topic: The 5120 hack - Running up to 5bar absolute pressure on ME7.x  (Read 298323 times)
britishturbo

« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »

Update:

The logs show my maf is what freaked out... I need to check it tomorrow. Will keep updated!
britishturbo

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2013, 10:03:24 PM »

You guys will find this interesting...
This was a 2nd gear test of the 4 bar map sensor... you can see the boost spike pre throttle body when the throttle plate closes!
Pretty neat...

britishturbo

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »

By my numbers that's 826.08670 hpa per volt, divided by 2 equals 413.0435

So i get:

DSLGRAD = 413.0435
DSLOFS = -4.1

Did I do the numbers right?

I ended up using the following numbers to get the sensor to read ambient pressure the same as before:

DSLGRAD = 430.0
DSLOFS = -4.1
britishturbo

« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2013, 11:02:29 AM »

Seems to be I have an issue with my new VMP MAF sensor :-(

You can see the output and resulting flow the ecu thinks it's seeing right here:

I've emailed VMP, I'm hoping they can get me a replacement sensor ASAP...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2013, 11:08:05 AM »

Yikes. that ain't good

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
matchew

« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »

Hard work for useful code should be rewarded.

I agree

short of me flying to them and patting them on them back I will cover their sensor or something useful like that.

Why them?

britishturbo

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »

Unless i am missing someone those three are who made this happen for the m-box, if someone else contributed please let me know.

It was very much a collaborative effort by the community.
Just off the top of my head I can think of the following people who added to it:

matchew
Bische
nyet
prj
Phila_dot

If you read through the other thread http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2747.0 you'll see all those who added to the pool of knowledge.
mightemouce

« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone involved in this  Grin
julex

« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »

Re: maf and map spike. It looks to me like you're not running n249 valve and backpressure literally backfires backwards through the whole intact tract giving you insane mar readings as maf can't indicate direction of flow, just g/s. With properly working n249/diverters, the charge kind of dissipates in closed loop inside intake.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:47:44 PM by julex » Logged
britishturbo

« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »

Re: mar and map spike. It looks to me like you're not running n249 valve and backpressure literally backfires backwards through the whole intact tract giving you insane mar readings as maf can't indicate direction of flow, just g/s. With properly working n249/diverters, the charge kind of dissipates in closed loop inside intake.

You are correct about not running the N249... just a Tial Q50 BOV dumping to atmosphere. The MAP spike only shows up in 2nd gear actually, in higher gears it isn't there nearly as much, I'll post some logs later after I've analyzed them. There isn't any compressor surge when it happens though and the BOV is working correctly.

The MAF spikes are something totally different though, that was under WOT conditions, not on throttle release like the MAP spike. I think I may have discovered the problem though, I'm pretty sure the MAF cable was picking up electrical noise... I went and looked and the cable had slipped down and was laying on top of a coil pack... so i moved the cable and it's much much better than it was...
julex

« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »

You are correct about not running the N249... just a Tial Q50 BOV dumping to atmosphere. The MAP spike only shows up in 2nd gear actually, in higher gears it isn't there nearly as much, I'll post some logs later after I've analyzed them. There isn't any compressor surge when it happens though and the BOV is working correctly.

The MAF spikes are something totally different though, that was under WOT conditions, not on throttle release like the MAP spike. I think I may have discovered the problem though, I'm pretty sure the MAF cable was picking up electrical noise... I went and looked and the cable had slipped down and was laying on top of a coil pack... so i moved the cable and it's much much better than it was...

Good to know. These dam coil cables interfere is everything.
britishturbo

« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »

Good to know. These dam coil cables interfere is everything.

Yeah I should have thought of it sooner... I've literally flown over the world to have to fix cnc machines with electrical noise before... it's not like I'm not used to it lol.
It really doesn't help that the VMP pigtail isn't shielded... the factory maf wiring is, so it goes from shielded to about 18 inches of un-shielded wiring. I think I need to remedy that with some shielded cable.
britishturbo

« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »

Can we all get back to the hack now?

Please... lets.
This thread has already gotten way too messy lol I say when all the dust is settled we make a nice fresh post with all the files and details.

Real quick, who has what 2.7 boxes here so I know what other boxes to worry about making an xdf for?
I know M Box... I also have G Box pretty much done.
Should I do A box as well?
Snow Trooper

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »

I would just do M.  Everyone else can port from there as its the widest used and heavily documented.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
ddillenger

« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »

Honestly, I don't see the need to do anything but M (as nearly everyone can use either that, or an L) and maybe the euro-equivalent of the M-box (as in a flash that can be used by the majority of those that don't live in NA)

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: