Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20
Author Topic: ME7 TUNER WIZARD  (Read 184186 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2012, 09:13:51 PM »

You have to either generate it or recalculate it when your charge axis is changed in kfmiop...

Maybe I should actually look at your spreadsheet....

So you are only interpolating for the adjusted axis based on original values or trying to recalculate the entire table from other inputs?
masterj

« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »

Maybe I should actually look at your spreadsheet....

So you are only interpolating for the adjusted axis based on original values or trying to recalculate the entire table from other inputs?

I have made two sheets inside this excel file... one interpolates data from original kfzwop and the second tries to generate it (alpha version Wink)

masterj

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »

UPDATED!! KFZWOP/2 GENERATOR v1.1
New features:
* Completely rewritten sheet based on MIDAS solution

nautica

« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »

good work masterj!
silentbob

« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:31 AM »

UPDATED!! KFZWOP/2 GENERATOR v1.1
New features:
* Completely rewritten sheet based on MIDAS solution

Holy s... !
I don't want to seem like an ass and I really admire your enthusiasm to generate this tools, but what comes out of the KFZWOP/2 GENERATOR is complete bullshit.This is obvious just from looking at the values.
KFZWOP contains the ignition angle for 50% heat release@ 8°ATDC as a reference for the torque structure and can not be filled with some random calculated values.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:41:13 AM by silentbob » Logged
masterj

« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2012, 06:19:59 AM »

Holy s... !
I don't want to seem like an ass and I really admire your enthusiasm to generate this tools, but what comes out of the KFZWOP/2 GENERATOR is complete bullshit.This is obvious just from looking at the values.
KFZWOP contains the ignition angle for 50% heat release@ 8°ATDC as a reference for the torque structure and can not be filled with some random calculated values.

Yep, just tried it and can confirm that MIDAS calculator as well produces bad values... Hm... So, if someone reads these posts then please DO NOT USE KFZWOP/2 GENERATOR unless I find a way to fix it

masterj

« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »

UPDATED!! KFZWOP/2 CONVERTER (NOT GENERATOR!) v1.1
New features:
* Remade this Sheet for 2D Inverse map (default in winols)
* Added "smoothing" option

I encourage you to try CONVERTER and not GENERATOR (which is also in me7 wizzard, but it is broken and produces bad ignition values at the moment!)

silentbob

« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

Trust me. Forget about the GENERATOR and invest your time in something more promising.
I have worked with "high end" engine simulation software like AVL BOOST and GT-POWER and even with a lot of test data from the dyno you will never get results that have the quality you think you can generate with a simple excel tool.
masterj

« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »

Trust me. Forget about the GENERATOR and invest your time in something more promising.
I have worked with "high end" engine simulation software like AVL BOOST and GT-POWER and even with a lot of test data from the dyno you will never get results that have the quality you think you can generate with a simple excel tool.

Yeap, I've invested my time into updating CONVERTER. Try it Wink It should work if you have original KFZWOP. It will recalculate this map to new load. If you want to be super accurate, then disable SMOOTHING.

masterj

« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »

UPDATED!! NEW FKKVS FIXER 1.0
New features:
* Brand new sheet which loads me7 logger csv file and tries to interpret it. For it to work you need to log RPM, injector open time and lambda correction.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »

Yeap, I've invested my time into updating CONVERTER. Try it Wink It should work if you have original KFZWOP. It will recalculate this map to new load. If you want to be super accurate, then disable SMOOTHING.

I tried it last night... Actually I've been trying to use many versions of your converter for a while now... different setups, different cars.

I'm sorry to say, but silentbob is correct.  It doesn't work.  Or at least it doesn't work for where it counts.  Part throttle is terrible... I always get TQ corrections, and under full throttle pulls I get massive TQ interventions via ignition angle.

I will be posting up some logs shortly showing what I am talking about in my project thread.

EDIT: Here they are http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=617.msg16796#msg16796
with a comparison directly to dropped in RS4 box TQ management values right after (no other changes to the tune).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:48:13 AM by NOTORIOUS VR » Logged

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
masterj

« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »

I tried it last night... Actually I've been trying to use many versions of your converter for a while now... different setups, different cars.

I'm sorry to say, but silentbob is correct.  It doesn't work.  Or at least it doesn't work for where it counts.  Part throttle is terrible... I always get TQ corrections, and under full throttle pulls I get massive TQ interventions via ignition angle.

I will be posting up some logs shortly showing what I am talking about in my project thread.

EDIT: Here they are http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=617.msg16796#msg16796
with a comparison directly to dropped in RS4 box TQ management values right after (no other changes to the tune).

Could you please recreate and post screenshots of the KFMIOP/KFMIRL and LDRXN maps when you were using my wizzard?

BTW: When you changed KFMIOP/KFMIRL did you reflect changes in these maps also: KFMIZUFIL, KFMIZUNS, KFMIZUOF, KFMI_UM, KFMDZOF_UM, KFMPED_UM, KFMPNS_UM? I had to edit them when I was editing my torque model... Otherwise my car was freaking out! Please post screenshots of these maps also...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:02:22 PM by masterj » Logged

maZer.GTi

« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2012, 02:33:08 PM »

Really great job!! Smiley
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2012, 02:07:04 PM »

Could you please recreate and post screenshots of the KFMIOP/KFMIRL and LDRXN maps when you were using my wizzard?

[/quote]

BTW: When you changed KFMIOP/KFMIRL did you reflect changes in these maps also: KFMIZUFIL, KFMIZUNS, KFMIZUOF, KFMI_UM, KFMDZOF_UM, KFMPED_UM, KFMPNS_UM? I had to edit them when I was editing my torque model... Otherwise my car was freaking out! Please post screenshots of these maps also...

some not all... very minor changes

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
masterj

« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2012, 05:08:23 AM »

I forgot to ask, did you use the button "Suggest OPTIMAL x axis"?

If not then you have to update KFMIZUNS -> FF's; KFMIZUFIL -> FF's; KFMIZUOF -> 00's; KFMDZOF_UM -> FF's; KFMPNS_UM -> FF's; KFMPED_UM -> FF's
KFMI_UM you have to reflect it to KFMIOP! (for easier job -> edit rpm and/or load axes to be same as in kfmiop and then just copy values from kfmiop)

And do not forget to update LDRXN! Because right now I see that your LDRXN limits your KFMIOP map, thus eating you aggresivness! (suggestion: try to fill LDRXN with values -> 228)

if you used the button "Suggest OPTIMAL x axis" then you'll have additionaly to update KFZWOP/2 maps (because they share same axis with kfmiop).

Please edit maps as I said and tell me the results.

BTW: All the maps that I said to FF or 00 will need to be calculated later (just for proper torque protection monitor nr2). Right now please use 00 and FF as I said earlier.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:27:03 AM by masterj » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: