Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vag Commander Help  (Read 11770 times)
SteveAR

« on: May 05, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »

Not sure what forum to post this in but thought this one was safe so I don't get flamed.  I want to use NefMoto to eventually flash a new (used) ECU for my car. I figured I'd start by learning about immobilzation.  A audi buddy has Vag Commander 2.5 on his laptop and it seems to be happy using my old generic EBAY OBD Cable.   I'm trying to retrieve my SKC PIN/CODE.  I selected "K line" from the opening screen and was able to connect to my ECU, however it freezes while reading address 0x000000.   I thought I should then try and connect to my cluster, however there's many many listed and none of the descriptions say anything about "ALLROAD" or even "A5/C6" which usually works for the Allroad.  Can anyone help me use Commander to pull my SKC?

Car is a 2004 Audi Allroad.

thank you
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:14:54 PM by nyet » Logged
SteveAR

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »

OK, I've done some more experimenting, I hope this info helps.

Connected to my ECU with vag commander.  VC reported a pin of 4027.

Logged on to my ECU via my VAG-COM/VCDS, hit "login" under ECU and entered 4027. didn't work.  Then, after googling, I tried "04027".  VCDS seemed to accept this entry.

I then went and opened a connection with my Immobilizer and tried 04027 and VCDS didn't accept this.  Figured the ECU and immobilizer have different PIN's so I logged into my Immobilzer and noted it's description is:
"KOMBI+WEGFAHRS.VDO D12"
Opened up Vag Commander, selected "gauge cluster" and looked in the drop down list of clusters.  Closest available was VDO66.

Selected this option, and clicked "READ".  VC read the module but returned the same 4027 PIN and also reported the incorrect mileage.   

I did save the file that VC read, I thought I found a thread somewhere that shows how to read this file and extract the SKC, however I will have to do alot of googling to find my way back to that. 
Maybe I need a newer version of VC that supports my exact gauge pod?
BDK

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:30:49 PM »

It sounds like you have the right pin for your car if you are getting the same pin from the ecm and cluster.  The ross-tech site is a great resource for immobilizer info.  does you car have Kessy?  I haven't done any kessy key programs yet but they appear to be essentially the same except you use address word 05 for access/start and may use security access function 16 instead of login.  When you attempt to put your pin into the immobilizer are you using address 25 or 17?  All of the cars I can think if have been through 17 and not 25 to program keys although I can't remember for sure on the a5 jetta I did.  I'd also recommend you use vcds for the actual programming part as it is much more user friendly than vag commander.  It looks like you were.  If I am reading this right your car currently works and you are just trying to test your logins, correct?   Do you know if your car is immo 3 or 4?  I'd guess 3 but 04 was right about the time they started with immo 4.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: