Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: feels like misfire and low power. No CEL or codes. only under boost AWW 1.8T  (Read 13606 times)
oldcarguy85

No. Your fuel system is so inadequate it's a miracle you haven't damaged something.

What turbo? What injectors? FPR? Fuel pump? Other supporting mods?

Everything is completely stock. K03s. Just down pipe no cat and FMIC. Sounds like I need a fuel pump or FPR.

I'll do a pressure test tommorow. Thsnks again!
ddillenger

Make sure the line going to your FPR is intact.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
oldcarguy85

Ya, it is, but for about a month after I did the engine swap the vacum line was cracked off. I'm wondering if maybe it somehow got stuck during that time. I guess only real way to tell is a pressure test. I think they call for 58psi at idle with vac connected.
userpike

Ya, it is, but for about a month after I did the engine swap the vacum line was cracked off. I'm wondering if maybe it somehow got stuck during that time. I guess only real way to tell is a pressure test. I think they call for 58psi at idle with vac connected.

My AWP 1.8t GTI calls for 2.7bar @ idle according to my Bentley repair manual. I did check this a long time ago after I installed a FPG and put the stock FPR back in. The engine idled with the needle @ about 39.5 psi, so prettymuch right on.

If you look at NOTORIOUS VR's log you can see he is even having an issue with fueling using a 4bar reg with stock injectors and pump. He is running less boost but a k04 turbo has been installed. AWP 1.8t in a Jetta GLI http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4919.0;attach=7600

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:35:55 PM by userpike » Logged
oldcarguy85

well -- good news.  so i pulled teh FPR on a hunch this morning before work and it just so happens the lower o-ring had a tear!  I replaced with one i had laying around and seems to be fixed!! I haven't logged anything yet, but seat of the pants it seems to have worked.  I think i'll still grab a 4 bar FPR which will have the correct o-ring and obviously be a smart upgrade anyway.
overspeed

I was not rating your tune.... you asked what I dislike in it and I just said.

You can achieve good power and more be more safe with less requested boost, LDRXN and everything I said before... but like I said YOU asked what I didn´t like...

besides the fact fuel here have 25% etanol I can easily reach 215~220cv in these 100% OEM cars making like I said to you...

with 3" downpipe, upgrade exaust, 4bar FPR, inlet and upgraded SMIC I made some cars about 237~240cv.

And with E100 about 250~253cv...

But I see you don´t need my help at all...  good to know you find what was your problem, my best wishes.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: