Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flash worked, tune was bad?  (Read 7877 times)
Zacklanduyt

« on: May 08, 2013, 07:01:12 PM »

As stated above the flash worte to the car just fine but the tune was no good, I think, the car idled just fine but as soon as I hit the accelerator the car would stumble and wouldn't rev the tune I used was from here it is a stage 2+ mbox bosch maf no lift this is what it was downloaded as this "8D0907551M_nolift-boschmaf-stage2+91octbetter.bin", did I do something wrong? is there something I should change?
Zacklanduyt

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »

the guy who posted the tune was corradovolksb
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »

What year, make, and model is your car? What MAF do you have? What MAF was the tune for? You really need to do some research before flashing in order to verify the file is compatible.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:32:07 PM »

Don't randomly flash tunes. Period.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
corradovolksb

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 10:17:12 PM »

As stated above the flash worte to the car just fine but the tune was no good, I think, the car idled just fine but as soon as I hit the accelerator the car would stumble and wouldn't rev the tune I used was from here it is a stage 2+ mbox bosch maf no lift this is what it was downloaded as this "8D0907551M_nolift-boschmaf-stage2+91octbetter.bin", did I do something wrong? is there something I should change?

The tune is not mine unless someone changed the name and reposted it. More than likely you have a hitachi Maf and this tune states its for a Bosch Maf. My car did the same thing when I flashed a file that was ment for hitachi Maf on my s4 with Bosch Maf. Like ddillenger asked what's you year and model

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
Zacklanduyt

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 05:34:17 AM »

Ok, I see it, probably a Hitachi maf, its an 01 Audi s4, I feel like a dunce now, I will do more research and post back as soon as time allows... Newbies suck huh!
Zacklanduyt

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 05:44:28 AM »

One last thing, where can I find which box I have, I know I saw it on here, a list of them, but I can't find it again, thanks for the help and sorry for all the newbie stuff, I need to slow down and research, I plan on tuning eventually, but I wanted to flash a tune for the meantime
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 09:14:05 AM »

If you already flashed over it, you'll have to look at the sticker on your ecu

http://nyet.org/cars/files/stock/part-numbers.txt
http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Generations

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »

I made sure he read his file out first. Hopefully he saved it. If so, run it through ME7Check (linked in the s4 tuning wiki). That'll show the vag number.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Zacklanduyt

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »

I did read my  original flash, and after the other flash didn't work I re flashed with my stocker because this is a dd, again sorry for all the newb questions, I'm going to look a bit more closely prior to trying again
Zacklanduyt

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »

Ok so from everything I can tell I have an 01.5 with m-box Hitachi maf, so I need to find a tune stage 2 with those specifics, I couldn't find the build date the sticker is gone, but the badge on the gauge and steering wheel are the new style, and it is a 6 speed so that would be m-box
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »

You can run your stock image through ME7Sum if you still have it to make sure..

You'll want to learn how to use ME7Sum/Check anyway.

ECUx Plot

Zacklanduyt

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »

Ok, I have no idea how to run it, but I will figure all that out
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: