Pages: [1]
Author Topic: audi 8L s3 key fob issue after stock file flash  (Read 7955 times)
airtite

« on: June 18, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »

Hi Guys

Had a friend with a 2nd hand car he bought which we flashed a stock file onto the car, he wasnt sure where the tune that was on the car came from and it was surging and really running badly. After the flash the key fob stopped locking/unlocking the doors, tried all the tricks key in ignition with unlock button pressed and a few others. When trying to access to the 2 vcds modules to check the key stuff we also get an error there. I was under the understanding that the key/cluster stuff had no reference to the flash so I am a little confused why this happened after the flash?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:22:48 AM »

Hi Guys

Had a friend with a 2nd hand car he bought which we flashed a stock file onto the car, he wasnt sure where the tune that was on the car came from and it was surging and really running badly. After the flash the key fob stopped locking/unlocking the doors, tried all the tricks key in ignition with unlock button pressed and a few others. When trying to access to the 2 vcds modules to check the key stuff we also get an error there. I was under the understanding that the key/cluster stuff had no reference to the flash so I am a little confused why this happened after the flash?

One time I flashed a car and it got a flat tire like, 2 weeks later. I had no idea that the air in the tires was affected by the flashing process.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
airtite

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:55:32 AM »

One time I flashed a car and it got a flat tire like, 2 weeks later. I had no idea that the air in the tires was affected by the flashing process.

laugh, I thought it was a coincidence but it happened as I did the flash now try explain that to your mate... well it was working 10mins ago and as I flashed your car the key stopped working... anyway thought I was right and the key/cluster stuff is not linked to the flash at all.
airtite

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »

anyway even if the reflash wasnt the cause anyone know of another way to get his fob synced to the car again.
aef

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 03:04:16 AM »

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_TT_%288N%29_Central_Locking
airtite

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 12:10:14 AM »

Tried that already, get an error when accessing value 021
tjwasiak

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 12:37:56 AM »

Have you tried Procedure for older Golf IV and Procedure for newer Golf IV??
aef

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 12:12:47 AM »

Haha,

same problem here with my new S3.

Changed the keycover and took the batteries out.
Key remote doesnt work anymore so i tried to adapt it via vagcom.

[35]
[10]
Channel 00 to clear
Then i tried to access channel 21, channel 7 and all others google delivered...

no success so far  Cry

aef

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »

the solution was to put one key in and turn ignition on.
then go outside close the door and lock the door.
then use the open button of the new remote to open the car.
press the open button a 2nd time.

go inside and turn ignition off.

new key should work again
airtite

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »

Thats the thing this isnt a new key, the car only has the one key no spare, no new key.
aef

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 01:47:00 AM »

A solution could be to mill a second key at a local key mechanic...

or to remove the inner doorboard do have access to the lock itself where the microswitch is located

then you can turn on ignition with your key, close the door, turn the lock from the inside and so on...

you have to use some kind of a flat screwdriver to turn the lock without a matching key in the outer door hole

sorry for my stupid english Cheesy

another solution would be to turn on ignition without your key, you will find a solution Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: