Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Starting from a clean slate this summer  (Read 9995 times)
em.Euro.R18

« on: May 05, 2014, 11:04:02 AM »

This season I'm looking to focus on fixing any possible loose ends in my tune. Unfortunately I will still be at the mercy of tapps limited editor. Unless I can figure out how to modify the bin myself (which I'm nervous to attempt if anything happened and he knows I've attempted it I'd probably be shit out of luck).

Was wondering if anyone had info about USRT Gen2 1000cc injector data/characteristics. All I received was BVC, I would like to set my FVVKS up right from the start this year.

I am thinking about throwing in stock injectors,Krkte, fvvks to dial in the 80mm throttle control, v8 s4 Maf and irl/iop. Setup includes IE intake, 3076r, fuelab fpr, fuel rail, surge take with o44 feed by stock intank. I'm not sure if the changed fuel delivery will effect stock injector behavior enough to make this tuning approach pointless. Let me know if you have any input or suggestions. I've been watching Greg banish DVDs I downloaded a while back and seen how awesome efi live's editor is for configurating interpolation between VE tables and throttle control tables that makes the tuners life so much easier.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:15:18 AM by em.Euro.R18 » Logged
MIL_on

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:52:37 PM »

how would you wanna set up an engine combined with a 3076 on stock injectors?
also i dont see the reason for switching the injectors? Which one are you running now?
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 05:16:21 AM »

sorry somehow I missed that. They are gen2 1000cc from USRT which I received limited info on.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:18:03 AM by em.Euro.R18 » Logged
MIL_on

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »

normally that stuff USRT and USPS or however they are all called are simply Bosch Injectors. In your case those should be from Renault and have the Bosch nr: 0280158040. Google that and you may find some more info on them Wink
basically all you need is TVUB, as KRKTE can easily be calculated for the first shot and then modified based on your lambda control, although it should fit quite perfect on the first calculation as those are bosch injectors and not any grumpy Siemens orso. FKKVS-data will never come with any injectors and it also wouldnt make quite sense.
You should rather worry about another part you mentioned in your first post: That 80mm TB. Where does it come from? is it an oem part?
MIL_on

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »

normally that stuff USRT and USPS or however they are all called are simply Bosch Injectors. In your case those should be from Renault and have the Bosch nr: 0280158040. Google that and you may find some more info on them Wink
basically all you need is TVUB, as KRKTE can easily be calculated for the first shot and then modified based on your lambda control, although it should fit quite perfect on the first calculation as those are bosch injectors and not any grumpy Siemens orso. FKKVS-data will never come with any injectors and it also wouldnt make quite sense.
You should rather worry about another part you mentioned in your first post: That 80mm TB. Where does it come from? is it an oem part? regarding the MAF: Theres also not that much to dial in. Get the V8 S4 bin and copy MLHFM and MLOFS over to yours and your good to go.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 10:09:32 AM »

I knew one of you guys would have the part number  Tongue

I figured they were an OEM type of injector when the number was stripped off of them. Don't get me wrong they arn't as fussy as the siemens or fiveOmotorsport 750cc's Ive delt with but I wanted to get a clear view of what needed to be focused on, either FVVKS or alpha N. I'm still running into cold start issues but at operating temp everything is pretty spot on. I get a lambda of around .82 on cold startup. So I'm still working on figuring that out. Theres a possibility the KRKTE maybe off I'll have to recheck my base pressure and see if its 3bar(I may have had a bit of vacuum still in the line when I set up the FPR).

I've been in the habbit of sticking to calculated KRKTE and provided TVUB. i've never had good results adjusting those while dialing in part throttle and idle. Usually when I adjust them I get problems that arise wither it be high WOT or part throttle o2 corrections.

As far as the throttle body I got it from forced fed. Maf I figured that was a viable solution going with s4 MLHFM and MLOFS but when we talk about a different intake diameter/bends who knows what that would do to the Maf curve. I'll see if I can conjure up a s4 v8 bin for the hell of it.

Now tapp has a mod to the timing effects the torque model over 100%load. I have turned that off to use the torque model influence to my advantage I notice tapp changes the load% in IOP which is shared by KFZWOP/OP2 for obvious reasons yet he doesn't recale the timing model in those tables. Based on my logs this is where people run into issues with calculated actual load being so low on mafless files (which is why the FVVKS maps are so Fe'd up). Once I figured out a crude way of interpreting what they should be at the new load scale I seen recorded load % jump to where they should be after a bit of massaging to each column(talking about 160-170% to 191%).
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:23:15 AM »

Reading into the details from five o motorsport these are 980cc injectors @ 3bar. The latency is 1.53ms at 14v but according to the latency from USRT its .97 @ 3bar which doesn't make sense..... Unless they are talking about the total pulse at idle? Even that doesn't make sense because it wouldn't work universal to other plateforms.

Also If I bumped up the TVUB I would have a much richer idle.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »

Honestly, it sounds like you know enough to go at this on your own w/o maestro.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »

I would like to have a go at it by myself but I'm unsure if I can successfully pull the bin and reflash without issue. It would be my first time pulling a bin from a modified ecu.

Just attempted it, unfortunately I cannot pull the BIN under either 29F800 or 29F800BB layouts. It fails to read either memory layout. For some reason it looks like my ecu has been formatted for a6A906032HR not the original PL or LP I had in there. When the flasher connects it pulls up the HR part number.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:48:16 AM by em.Euro.R18 » Logged
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »

Reading further into it on past threads on here. I don't have the computer programming/hacking savy that clearly others do on this site in order to pull off such a task. Which leaves me stuck with limited maps at my disposal on this ecu unless I come across a another compatible stock ecu.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »

Reading further into it on past threads on here. I don't have the computer programming/hacking savy that clearly others do on this site in order to pull off such a task. Which leaves me stuck with limited maps at my disposal on this ecu unless I come across a another compatible stock ecu.

You would DEFINITELY want to start from a bone stock image, regardless.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »

So can I successfully flash a stock PL or LP bin (checksums corrected) to the current ecu? I mean so far I've seen gonzo point out a factor being off in one of tapps tables using OLS so I know there are issues with even the editor. without having to go through the pain of picking up a separate ecu?
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »

Yes, just make sure to backup your eeprom so you can always use maestro again if you want.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »

how can I go about backing up my eeprom?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=42.0

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: