Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ecu fried?? what blew?  (Read 4301 times)
boostd4

« on: December 23, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »

well today after a radio installation my car was acting up. It ran fine then would cut off in 3 minute intervals. Then when i drove it the epc light came on and the car ceased, walked out the car, un plugged then re-plugged the ecu back it and it ran for another 3 minutes. now it wont even turn over but it will crank. My cel use to come on when i cut on the ignition, now nothing. I took the ecu apart changed both capacitors and still nothing, need some advice and help. What could it be?? i gave 12 volt signal when from the radio to the can bus and k line. I should have read the diagram before installing the radio. I was trying to find the turn on wire for the amp so i just tested each wire. Bad idea. So now im stuck i dont know where to begin. All my fuses are good and nothing it out of place. Swapped out my ecu with a buddy of mines and it ran. What did i fry on my ecu? help??
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »

so you put 12v to the k-line/can bus? Replace the ecu.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
boostd4

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »

ok but what goes bad when that happened?is it something i can replace on the board?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: