Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RS6 Manual file tune 4D1907558 started by Daz  (Read 3891 times)
slowguy

« on: July 01, 2016, 05:31:37 AM »

I was hoping I could post a log of my last revision from Daz and someone would be willing to look at it and let me know how far it needs to go. When Daz passed we were in the middle of tuning. I had my car out of service to add more fueling and more water/meth injection. I won't be able to finish the file on my own but it would be nice if someone could look at it and let me know just how far I might be from what they'd consider a finish file. When comparing this to his final tune for his car, he had about 150 more wtq and more than 100 more whp. He told me that his file was basically experimental and he didn't mind breaking his car. He said he was trying to push it to see just how far it could go and that he would not push my car that far.

My car has a tdi manual transmission, srm k24 turbos, srm re-cored intercoolers, aem methanol injection with one d05 and one d12 injector, bosch ev14 550cc injectors, new brk7e plugs and r8 coils, stock in tank pump and upgraded exterior inline pump of bosch 044, new maf seals, new diverters and the cracking pressure on the wastegates is set to 15-16.
nubcake

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 08:59:24 AM »

A single 2nd gear pull is not that representative, but what I was able to see:

- this looks like a "5120-ed" file, are you running 4 bar MAP or just a stock one for now?
- timing is very conservative.
- actual AFRs are very "meh": too rich early on, then a big lean spike (if your WB is calibrated properly, that is).
- Boost PID leaves a lot to be desired, it appears the work on it just started.

Frankly, if I was to work with this car, I'd basically start all over. PM me if you're willing to discuss this further.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:51:37 PM »

@slowguy contact Vag Autowerks they are doing all the revisions and all customers were under strict orders not share the files
slowguy

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »

I don't share files and would not do that to Mike.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: