Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange ME7.1 happenings!  (Read 3369 times)
sean_jaymo

« on: February 26, 2014, 07:55:14 AM »

Hi all, Like many others this is my first post here and I would hugely appreciate some input from someone who can help!

Long story short, I have transferred a VW 2.8 24v engine into my Corrado VR6. It's running very well but when I carried out a routine vcds scan of my fault codes, I found that I have a brake light implausible signal fault. Much digging later, I have discovered that I have 10+ volts coming FROM pin 56 instead of it being used as a sensor pin to read brake light on status. It has worked perfectly well in the past, but something has happened that has caused this pin to give out a voltage!

It only gives out this voltage when the IGN is switched to run and the ECU is "woken up" from the feed from pin 62. Using VCDS on measuring block 66, you can get the brake light signal to read off when you ground pin 56.

Everything else works very well. Is there anything that can be advised please? I've spent many many hours searching for help and information, but I've so far come up empty!
sean_jaymo

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »

Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: