Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Porsche Macan Turbo ECU/TCU tuned Shifting hesitation help  (Read 1665 times)
Don16

« on: July 27, 2022, 01:16:57 PM »

Hey everyone, First post here.

I own a Porsche Macan Turbo which has had both the ECU (Local Tuner) and TCU (TVS DL501 Stage 2+) tuned. It runs great, excellent torque and power! However, ever since its been tuned I experience a shifting issue which occurs at WOT and mainly 2nd-3rd, 3rd-4th above 4500rpm. I have managed to get a video of this issue here:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PP0Fo8uvp3A

as per the video, the gear changes there is a second of acceleration then a hesitation and a bump which is felt and then acceleration continues.

I have been working with the tuner and they tell me torque is being correctly calculated in ECU, However, I took some logs from TCU and found some difference between the engine and specified clutch torque in VCDS. I am told these values would be different and its normal.

In my head and from what I have read, what I am experiencing is micro slip and is probably due to the torque value not being correctly scaled or not enough from ECU to TCU, am I correct with this statement? I also assume that the issue is most likely from ECU side?

If anyone can offer any advise or guidance I can go back to my tuner with to get the issue resolved I would be greatly appreciative.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 07:52:53 AM by Don16 » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 02:41:01 AM »

1. Should be in noob section.
2. Nobody cares about this here dude.

This forum is for DIY. You are doing exactly 0 yourself, and you are coming here asking for free consulting.
Already the fact that you have ECU and transmission tunes from different places is a huge red flag.

Say you are not satisfied, ask your money back and go somewhere else. But certainly don't come here with such questions.
Those of us who actually have experience with this platform are never going to tell you anything different, and the rest haven't even been in a Macan.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jcsbanks

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 02:47:57 AM »

Well I was going to suggest you use Vehical and send a TCU log to TVS. They were helpful previously on another platform where another tuner was doing the ECU. But prj has already spoken on the matter so my post is a waste of time.
Don16

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 02:57:20 AM »

1. Should be in noob section.
2. Nobody cares about this here dude.

This forum is for DIY. You are doing exactly 0 yourself, and you are coming here asking for free consulting.
Already the fact that you have ECU and transmission tunes from different places is a huge red flag.

Say you are not satisfied, ask your money back and go somewhere else. But certainly don't come here with such questions.
Those of us who actually have experience with this platform are never going to tell you anything different, and the rest haven't even been in a Macan.

Appreciate your response although not very helpful. From lots of reading this issue is not limited to the Macan and I have seen Audi S4/S5 have the same issues again solved in the ECU side.

Happy for this to be moved by a moderator if I have posted in the wrong section.

Just for the record, even answers or guidance around my log file and screenshots, such as do they look correct? am I right in what I say about engine and clutch torque? would have been useful.

I have spoken to tuner but wanted some hard facts surrounding my logs.
Don16

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 03:00:24 AM »

Well I was going to suggest you use Vehical and send a TCU log to TVS. They were helpful previously on another platform where another tuner was doing the ECU. But prj has already spoken on the matter so my post is a waste of time.

I had thought about this, I just wasn't sure if TVS would help knowing the issue is ECU side which wasn't done by them
Don16

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 03:58:10 AM »

Just wanted to thank you on your advise. Took a log (attached if helpful in the future to anyone). To me it looks like clutch pressure is not getting up there when it needs to be.
prj

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 05:26:03 AM »

No idea why you would post a xls instead of just the .csv.
Making sure that nobody can even look at it.

There is zero slip in your log on the clutch, so there goes your theory. You have no idea what you are looking at or what you are talking about.
As I said. Find another tuner. Preferrably one who can do the gearbox and the ECU both.

I can say that I've done many cars and I've never had issues you are describing.
Hence why I said, if it doesn't do it stock and it's doing it after the tune, you need to find someone else to do it.

As for being helpful, well my tool already helped you. Or not.
You need to understand how the system works for the logs to be useful and it is clear you understand nothing, you are just writing random things you read on the forum.

Nobody is going to tune your Macan for you here. And you clearly don't know anything about the transmission or the engine.
So for you to look at this stuff is a giant waste of time. And most likely your issue has nothing to do with transmission and everything to do with ECU. Throttle cut, bad boost control or other issues.
But you sure as hell are not going to diagnose those or have a clue about them on SDI10. And also 99% of people on this forum won't either. And those who can do it, are not going to waste their time, as they have their hands full.

Get the ECU flashed to stock, if it doesn't do it on the stock ECU tune, then it's really simple.

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 05:28:51 AM »

The problem with that is, you need to actually understand how the system works for the logger to be of any use. What's the use of having really good logging when it's all Chinese to you?
If the problem occurs every time, then it's really simple to go to the tuner and the tuner can log it and see exactly where the problem is.
Why go on a forum and post about it?

Of course if the "tuner" just flashes files from reseller-db with 0 clue then yeah, tough luck.

Log your car properly.
Don16

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 05:38:49 AM »

No idea why you would post a xls instead of just the .csv.
Making sure that nobody can even look at it.

There is zero slip in your log on the clutch, so there goes your theory. You have no idea what you are looking at or what you are talking about.
As I said. Find another tuner. Preferrably one who can do the gearbox and the ECU both.

I can say that I've done many cars and I've never had issues you are describing.
Hence why I said, if it doesn't do it stock and it's doing it after the tune, you need to find someone else to do it.

As for being helpful, well my tool already helped you. Or not.
You need to understand how the system works for the logs to be useful and it is clear you understand nothing, you are just writing random things you read on the forum.

Nobody is going to tune your Macan for you here. And you clearly don't know anything about the transmission or the engine.
So for you to look at this stuff is a giant waste of time. And most likely your issue has nothing to do with transmission and everything to do with ECU. Throttle cut, bad boost control or other issues.
But you sure as hell are not going to diagnose those or have a clue about them on SDI10. And also 99% of people on this forum won't either. And those who can do it, are not going to waste their time, as they have their hands full.

Get the ECU flashed to stock, if it doesn't do it on the stock ECU tune, then it's really simple.

It doesn't do it stock.
I uploaded the xlsx file format so it kept formatting I have applied which highlights areas of interest. CSV keeps no formatting.
My reasoning for starting this thread was to check that I am on the right path when I say its the ECU side of tuning and not TCU. I also came here to check if the Engine Torque and Clutch torque differences point to an issue.

Don16

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2022, 05:53:49 AM »

The problem with that is, you need to actually understand how the system works for the logger to be of any use. What's the use of having really good logging when it's all Chinese to you?
If the problem occurs every time, then it's really simple to go to the tuner and the tuner can log it and see exactly where the problem is.
Why go on a forum and post about it?

Of course if the "tuner" just flashes files from reseller-db with 0 clue then yeah, tough luck.

Just for context the tuner is working with me to resolve the issue hence I have no interest to move from them. In regards to them logging it, they have and did log, but never this specific issue. Unfortunately, there is considerable distance between me and the tuner. Now I have the logging I'm hopeful that I will be able to progress this issue further and get it resolved.

FYI - The logger is great, amazing sample rate and a large choice of selectable parameters to log so should help the tuner really nail down the issue.

Thanks
prj

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2022, 06:11:49 AM »

This issue should have been highlighted during a test drive with logging attached.
Not after car is in hands of customer.
You shouldn't even need the logger, the tuner should have used it when tuning your car.

But as I said before. There's very few people here familiar with SDI10, and those who are probably are not going to tell you anything, logs or not.

P.S.
The DL501, which this "PDK" is, can handle 800nm of torque with only the torque limiters raised in the TCU.
Nothing else. So it is highly unlikely it's transmission related.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 06:20:42 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2022, 06:39:35 AM »

TVS TCU, bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: