Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 174
Author Topic: The Volvo ME7 thread:  (Read 943199 times)
s60rawr

« Reply #2130 on: February 18, 2023, 11:24:09 AM »

anyone have anything for a 40LNHJ? friends 04 2.5 manual swapped

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
t6

« Reply #2131 on: February 18, 2023, 01:34:11 PM »

To turn off the heating of the catalytic converter in QHHJ just change CWKONABG to 0, or something more?, because after changing CWKONABG to 0 on cold engine I have uneven revs, when the engine is warmed up is ok.
I located CWKONABG at this address 1801E
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 01:38:27 PM by t6 » Logged
thedrill

« Reply #2132 on: February 18, 2023, 04:22:53 PM »

anyone have anything for a 40LNHJ? friends 04 2.5 manual swapped

When I had my 2004 XC90 2.4 T5 6 speed manual swapped, I cross flashed a 50QHHJ file and tuned for E85. I had to run a couple of wires off the fuel rail pressure sensor to the ECU so I didn't have any codes on the dash.. also Put a 3 bar map sensor on the intercooler.
wckd

« Reply #2133 on: February 19, 2023, 09:09:19 AM »

Hi,

So - I've read this thread and a bunch of other resources and am contemplating giving a go at cooking up a mild tune for my 2004 V70R MT sapphicama.
To get started, I predictably got some questions I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to help me clarify.

Current mods are as follows:
- B5234T3 block bored to 81,5mm with K1 rods and Wiseco 9:1 CR pistons (so slight deviation in displacement and CR from stock)
- Stock tune, stock injectors / maf / coils / fuel system / Pierburg TCV
- DO88 intercooler and intake piping
- Turbosmart shorty external CBV
- 3" Ferrita 200cell catted DP
- BSR catback

As it is, I'm running with the TCV unplugged (due to overboosting with it connected ever since the installation of the IC and DP which were the last mods). Even on WG pressure occasional aggressive pulls trigger a reduced engine performance message and the ecu intervenes with the power output. Now, before I even think of flashing anything, I want to figure out what exactly causes this. For that I would need to get some datalogs done and I think Vida isn't going to cut it in the long run...

So question one:
I have gathered a bunch of flashing / logging software recently made available but I can't figure out where to get the parameters list file (.exm) or if there's a way to generate it from my bin or what.. Or how exactly would one get to log with these tools?

In an effort to get an idea of what maps do what and which are going to need modification for a reliable tune, I've been comparing some QKHJ stock / Stage 1 / Stage 2 bins and am beginning to get a mild understanding of what it's all about.. However - I only have my current stock tune (which is QHHJ) in .veb format - I received this from Contrast and successfully flashed to replace the BSR Stage 1 tune that the car came with (and which ultimately lead to cracking the original engine :/) before any mods to the car and it's been fine. This veb file makes no sense to me when studied in TunerPro or WINOLS. I also have a 2003 stock QHHJ bin and I can easily locate the maps with their offsets when comparing this with the QKHJ bins. Which leads me to:

Question two and three:
Can a QHHJ .veb file be converted to .bin that would match a respective xdf?
Am I correct in understanding that a QKHJ bin could in theory be flashed to replace a QHHJ with no ill effects?

And finally, without trying to jump ahead of myself - I gather the increased CR of my engine would unavoidably call for changes in timing maps.. any pointers/experiences with this kind of setup?

I'm just getting started with this whole mapping idea and wouldn't be surprised if I'm actually in hopelessly above my head or id I can never actually summon the bollocks to flash anything but it would be an educating exercise never the less Tongue

Thanks!

t6

« Reply #2134 on: February 19, 2023, 11:47:21 AM »

Hi,

So - I've read this thread and a bunch of other resources and am contemplating giving a go at cooking up a mild tune for my 2004 V70R MT sapphicama.
To get started, I predictably got some questions I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to help me clarify.

Current mods are as follows:
- B5234T3 block bored to 81,5mm with K1 rods and Wiseco 9:1 CR pistons (so slight deviation in displacement and CR from stock)
- Stock tune, stock injectors / maf / coils / fuel system / Pierburg TCV
- DO88 intercooler and intake piping
- Turbosmart shorty external CBV
- 3" Ferrita 200cell catted DP
- BSR catback

As it is, I'm running with the TCV unplugged (due to overboosting with it connected ever since the installation of the IC and DP which were the last mods). Even on WG pressure occasional aggressive pulls trigger a reduced engine performance message and the ecu intervenes with the power output. Now, before I even think of flashing anything, I want to figure out what exactly causes this. For that I would need to get some datalogs done and I think Vida isn't going to cut it in the long run...

So question one:
I have gathered a bunch of flashing / logging software recently made available but I can't figure out where to get the parameters list file (.exm) or if there's a way to generate it from my bin or what.. Or how exactly would one get to log with these tools?

In an effort to get an idea of what maps do what and which are going to need modification for a reliable tune, I've been comparing some QKHJ stock / Stage 1 / Stage 2 bins and am beginning to get a mild understanding of what it's all about.. However - I only have my current stock tune (which is QHHJ) in .veb format - I received this from Contrast and successfully flashed to replace the BSR Stage 1 tune that the car came with (and which ultimately lead to cracking the original engine :/) before any mods to the car and it's been fine. This veb file makes no sense to me when studied in TunerPro or WINOLS. I also have a 2003 stock QHHJ bin and I can easily locate the maps with their offsets when comparing this with the QKHJ bins. Which leads me to:

Question two and three:
Can a QHHJ .veb file be converted to .bin that would match a respective xdf?
Am I correct in understanding that a QKHJ bin could in theory be flashed to replace a QHHJ with no ill effects?

And finally, without trying to jump ahead of myself - I gather the increased CR of my engine would unavoidably call for changes in timing maps.. any pointers/experiences with this kind of setup?

I'm just getting started with this whole mapping idea and wouldn't be surprised if I'm actually in hopelessly above my head or id I can never actually summon the bollocks to flash anything but it would be an educating exercise never the less Tongue

Thanks!

Can you share the BSR Stage 1 bin, and QHHJ in .veb format

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 11:50:04 AM by t6 » Logged
wckd

« Reply #2135 on: February 19, 2023, 12:46:16 PM »

Sure. (My bad - the BSR files consist of a .veb and a .bin for some reason)
t6

« Reply #2136 on: February 19, 2023, 12:57:05 PM »

here's my winlos qhhj file
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=340.2055
wckd

« Reply #2137 on: February 19, 2023, 01:09:46 PM »

Thanks! I do have that one in my library Tongue What kind of mods do you have?
t6

« Reply #2138 on: February 19, 2023, 01:26:09 PM »

Thanks! I do have that one in my library Tongue What kind of mods do you have?

S60r B5244T5,TME exhaust system, TME 3" Downpipe,ic 600x300x76mm, valve forge FMDVK04S
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 06:46:27 AM by t6 » Logged
t6

« Reply #2139 on: February 19, 2023, 01:31:09 PM »

I wanted to try it with your BSR Stage 1, but I guess it's not possible

To decompile .veb to .bin I need .vlic license file.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 02:48:13 PM by t6 » Logged
t6

« Reply #2140 on: February 19, 2023, 02:51:09 PM »

Updated QHHJ... Getting better, needs sorting but majority of the maps youll ever need are there and good... Feedback welcome

Thank you very much ,super file.
Do you have maybe a stage 1 or stage 2 bin file on QQHJ ?
s60rawr

« Reply #2141 on: February 19, 2023, 05:52:44 PM »

Sure. (My bad - the BSR files consist of a .veb and a .bin for some reason)

need the .vlic for that car or if you know the vin msg me
can decode it.
but a solid .veb is useless

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
BaxtR

« Reply #2142 on: February 19, 2023, 07:35:36 PM »

Thank you very much ,super file.
Do you have maybe a stage 1 or stage 2 bin file on QQHJ ?

no sorry

2007 Volvo S60R, PT6266 BB, 1700x ID Injectors, Walbro525. Halme Built manifold and exhaust #BaxtrPerformance
keichi

« Reply #2143 on: February 20, 2023, 04:01:42 AM »

zawór forge FMDVK04S
Jesteś z PL? Smiley
Co8ra

« Reply #2144 on: February 20, 2023, 06:32:08 AM »

S60r B5244T5,TME exhaust system, TME 3" Downpipe,ic 600x300x76mm, zawór forge FMDVK04S
what type of injectors you using
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 174
  Print  

Jump to: