Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 1.8T Me 7.5 Mafless input requested  (Read 53536 times)
ibizacupra

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 08:36:07 AM »

I'd love to hear a "pro" describe exactly why anybody would want to run Motronic in speed density.

Bosch MS4 looks kinda familiar
It does not support MAF when I spoke with them at autosports show in Jan this year

http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/en-US/literature/en-US/Engine_Control_Unit_MS_4_Sport_Datasheet_51_en_2775343627.pdf

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 09:26:25 AM »

When I say motronic, i mean stock motronic ecu.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ibizacupra

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »

I would be amazed if bosch designed this oh so familiar looking piece of hardware specifically for motorsport use... as the volumes would not justyfy it.
What it looks like is familiar Me7, offering assorted inputs and outputs, and the mapping software is very familiar in contruction but more detailed.
It would not support maf for motorsport use.  Given this is a high end ecu, and the thick end of £2500 plus extras like dbw support, wideband control etc etc, it would only be professional motorsport teams who could afford to use them. Point being, you dont need a maf to properly tune an engine

matchew

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »

Be careful with your definition of motronic. There are ME7 ECU's that from the factory that have no MAF and use MAP as their load base.

Point being, you dont need a maf to properly tune an engine

Other than on a system that was designed to be use MAF as its load base.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:06:46 PM by matchew » Logged
overspeed

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »

The thing is, it does not really run traditional speed-density when you remove the MAF.
It pretty much runs alpha-n with enhancements.

Agree. ECU runs ONLY in alpha-n as the MAP sensor is located outside the manifold... the files I saw make you run alpha-n (with an small map by the way) pretty rich and you Wideband (when it is present) does the rest of the trick
Gizmo20VT

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 05:39:22 AM »

Thanks for additional input, I was not aware than running a mafless setup would perhaps interfere with the ABS system of the car. That in it self is a risk I would not like to take.
Rac_337

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21:14 PM »

If MAFless is what you really want, you would be better off to just run a standalone ecu, like the Vipec plugin ecu.  Wink
yosh

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 09:29:20 AM »

After a year, I am still waiting to come across any issue on my ME7.5 running MAFLESS on a +500whp BT 830cc setup.
Still have great mpg, smooth throttle response (idle, part, and WOT)...Have LC and NLS coded...will be swapping to 80mm TB shortly for further optimization...Have no ABS/ESP/ASR issues and have full cruise control functionality...
Have actually not noticed any difference in how the car feels by running alpha-n...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »

I still don't understand the point to it, unless you are running standalone or a motorsport ecu which is designed for it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RaraK

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 05:26:51 PM »

I still don't understand the point to it, unless you are running standalone or a motorsport ecu which is designed for it.

BOV's and a screen over your top mounted turbo Roll Eyes
bbernd
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 01:50:21 AM »

from reading this, it went to wrong direction...  the question is "can it be done" and not "is it smart or stupid to do it"..

...I do not understand, why so many discussions in different forums make the same mistake  Huh

...imagine you go into a pup an order a beer... and you get an education about the harmful effects of alcohol consumption from the tender  Cheesy

...so I will bump up the question again...  can it be done and what to do in Me7 to make it ...  (without judging about it)  Grin

...reason maybe..  you have no space for mounting the MAF...
prj

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 02:43:37 AM »

...reason maybe..  you have no space for mounting the MAF...
So put it on pressure side.
It's not that hard to make a small flange before the throttle body and stick it in, is it? Or use the Pro-M pro tube.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:45:15 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
bbernd
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 01:13:44 AM »

So put it on pressure side.
It's not that hard to make a small flange before the throttle body and stick it in, is it? Or use the Pro-M pro tube.

But you have to dial in a new MAF curve in ME7...  but no Space on pressure side either :-(
prj

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2012, 02:53:41 AM »

But you have to dial in a new MAF curve in ME7...
Oh yea, and when running Alpha-N you have to dial in your "VE" map if you can call it that.
Also complaining about dialing in a MAF - are you kidding me?
but no Space on pressure side either :-(
This I don't believe. On a 2.7TT there is plenty of room pre-turbos and on all the four bangers there is TONS of room everywhere.

The fact that you can't do it right means you are just lazy.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
kelesha

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »

After a year, I am still waiting to come across any issue on my ME7.5 running MAFLESS on a +500whp BT 830cc setup.
...Have no ABS/ESP/ASR issues and have full cruise control functionality...
Thats with your own MAFless tune or you buy the tune from somewhere ? And your car is with or without ESP system ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: