Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: RS4 B5 running  too rich  (Read 13515 times)
kristsm

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 01:17:47 AM »

Hello everyone!

I am still fighting with rich mixture problem. The problem is that I live about 1000 km’s away from my tuner. Few days ago I received a modified rom file from my chiptuner and have to find a way to burn it on the ECU.

I don’t have much experience in flashing ME7 ecu and the car is daily driver, therefore I need to make sure about the following:

1.       Yesterday I tried to read my 2001 RS4 551K ECU with e-bay dongle and it did successfully read 1024 kb’s. In fact, it did read the flash memory even if I changed memory layouts from 29F800BT to 29F800BB and 29F800 (unfortunately I didn’t open the ECU case to make sure which AMD flash chip I have).
2.       The last tune (which had rich mixture idle/cruise problem) was previously read from the ECU with other kind of software.  Don’t know which one,  the raw format wasn’t bin but it was then exported to bin file and sent to the chiptuner.
3.       My chiptuner modified this bin file and sent the file back (should include corrected cheksum). As he said, the software had o2 sensors correction disabled for some reason.
4.       Both bins (modified bin and bin I read with the nefmoto software ) have the same size -  1024 kb’s. Both files have been checked for correct checksums.
5.       I opened both files with Winols and tuner pro software and at the first glance they both seem right in main boost / fuel maps (I did not investigate all modified maps of course).

Gathering all the above, the main question is – does it matter which ECU flashing/reading interface has been used to read the ECU and flash the modified bin back to the ECU if source and modified files have the same raw bin format with the same size?

I could of course send the nefmoto bin file to the chiptuner for mods or copy-paste all the modified maps to the nefmoto file, but is it really necessary ?

Can I identify AMD flash chip and correct memory layout without opening the ECU?

If the car doesn’t start with the modified file, will there be the possibility to flash back the last bin file I read with Nefmoto software without benchflashing?

Does 1024kb’s BIN file means that the flash memory chip has been read 100% (all the IMMO code info etc.) and could be used for BDM or OBD bench flashing  to other 551K ECU if something goes completely wrong?

prj

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:44 AM »

If the car doesn’t start with the modified file, will there be the possibility to flash back the last bin file I read with Nefmoto software without bench flashing?
No. Don't flash unless you have a bench harness to recover in boot mode.
Does 1024kb’s BIN file means that the flash memory chip has been read 100% (all the IMMO code info etc.) and could be used for BDM or OBD bench flashing  to other 551K ECU if something goes completely wrong?
No.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: