Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Urgent help ECU ME7.5 problems  (Read 13290 times)
thom337

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 04:05:19 PM »

Try putting a 8kOHM or similar resistor between the boot pin and ground. I've had problems w/ Galletto in the past where a straight up short to ground would not work...not sure why but just sharing my experience.
aaronritchie

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »

Try putting a 8kOHM or similar resistor between the boot pin and ground. I've had problems w/ Galletto in the past where a straight up short to ground would not work...not sure why but just sharing my experience.

was that in the car boot or bench bootmode ? Quick question on bench flashing , do i need to connect 12vc  to the immo pin on the ECU for it to work ? 

thanks for all your replys . need to get this thing running so i can get home ! 
aaronritchie

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 06:12:41 AM »

was that in the car boot or bench bootmode ? Quick question on bench flashing , do i need to connect 12vc  to the immo pin on the ECU for it to work ? 

Tried everything including bench flashing . Always says boot mode inactive !  any special driver i need for my FTD232R CABLE or must it be a proper galletto cable
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 06:56:09 AM »

Yes if your car is equiped with a immo you need to supply 12v's the way i do it is
1. I connect the following wires

Pin 1    Ground
Pin 2    Ground
Pin 3    12v
Pin 21 12v   Immobilizer (if your car has one)
Pin 43    K-line
Pin 62    12v

2. Hold a ground down to pin 24

3. Power up the ecu while holding the pin down

4. count to 10 then do what you gotta do with the galleto
aaronritchie

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 07:50:31 AM »

Yes if your car is equiped with a immo you need to supply 12v's the way i do it is
1. I connect the following wires

Pin 1    Ground
Pin 2    Ground
Pin 3    12v
Pin 21 12v   Immobilizer (if your car has one)
Pin 43    K-line
Pin 62    12v

2. Hold a ground down to pin 24

3. Power up the ecu while holding the pin down

4. count to 10 then do what you gotta do with the galleto

This is what i have done , still will not go into boot mode and cant read/write in normal node  .  

To flash bootmode on car do you have to remove certain fuses or cluster for it to work on car ? Does anyone know what voltage should be on pin 24 before grounding ?  I read approx 1.7 volts , 23 reads 5 volts .  

Also im using the ftdi drivers thaat came with my ebay FT232R cable  . Is there drivers for to use the cable as galletto as i  have changed the serial number on my cable .
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:08:10 PM by aaronritchie » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: