Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B5 Passat 1.8T APU - Sorting it out  (Read 6143 times)
TLS

« on: March 02, 2015, 11:56:21 PM »

Hi All
I have been taking a while to soak things up here. I have downloaded my .bin and I can run logs with ME7logger and plot with ecuxplot.

As far as I know, the car is stock. Manual, Narrowband.

I am still figuring out the tuning side so have been going through the help in tunerpro.

So I took a few logs and have a feeling my boost is low for stock.

I got oil warning light so have the front of the car apart trying to drop the sump at the moment.
Crankcase vent plastic j pipe is buggered: ordered a new one from ECS, ready to install
Tee after vent is ruptured: ordered a new one from ECS, ready to install
Pancake Valve (hockey puck, pressure relief) is coated in sludge and does not appear to close: ordered a new one from ECS, ready to install.
DV. Seemed to have some gunk in it. Tried to clean it out. Tried to figure out how to test it and came up with this: http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Misc/VAGLinks.com_DIY_Testing_a_Bosch_Diverter_Valve.pdf My valve seems to let go and not hold, so I am guessing there is at least a small tear in the diaphragm: Ordered a new one from Iautosport, waiting on delivery.

I take it the torn DV could be passing compressed air to my intake and that be the cause of my low boost.

Also, for the buggered relief valve, when turbo is sucking, I would be getting more air through the valve than it would get when operating properly and that air would not be metered by the MAF. Is that something I should be able to see in my logs? Is that what I see on the ignition retard graphs?

Regards
TLS

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »

OK. I was hoping for a bit more than that.
Well, anyway, I got my crankcase vent and prv sorted.
Still waiting on my DV to come in so I can install that.
Log today suggests that something was limiting my Desired Boost. Seems higher now.

What is that Blip at 3,500 RPM? I have a feeling that was where I went over the train tracks, from then on, it was all up hill.

I can't remember if I have 91 or 95 RON in there but will top it up with 95 to see what that does to the timing and knock volts.

FIDC at 50% with MAF at 90 g/s suggests I have a good bit of headroom.

I want to start tuning and am considering 12.5 PSI limit.

Any other comments?
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »

Your boost is low, do a pressure test on the full intake when you install your new dv. Then, do another log from 1500 rpm to redline if you are interested in your peak maf values. But get it up to operating temp first  Wink Good luck!  Smiley

adam-

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »

Yeah, you've got a leak somewhere, or you've got a bad actuator, or a bad N75.

Your actual doesn't meet your requested across the whole pull.  Start with a leakdown test man! Smiley Keep getting stuck in!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 01:05:04 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7932.0title=

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TLS

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:11 AM »

OK, my DV finally arrived. Plugged it in and logged.
Refer File.
That has brought actual boost up to 7.75 which is close to requested.
I'm still getting KV 3-4 up to 3500 and climbing to 8-12 by 4750 which I take it is not great if I want to pump the boost up.
I had just filled it with 95RON.

Any other comments or tips?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 10:29:13 AM »

I'm still getting KV 3-4 up to 3500 and climbing to 8-12 by 4750 which I take it is not great if I want to pump the boost up.

If you want more boost you're going to have to run a lot richer.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TLS

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 02:30:58 PM »

Cheers Nye.
I was looking at the 1.8T Stage 1 thread and working on the lamfa fuel enrichment.
Graph is now.
The two tables are original and my proposed lamfa.

The other 2 tables are proposed and original LDRXN in PSI.

Do you think I am being optimistic?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: