Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOLF 5 2.0T FSI MED9 BPY P1093?  (Read 6340 times)
majorahole

« on: April 20, 2015, 10:51:24 AM »

im getting this code, but no others. along with backfires/smoke and less power until i clear it.
happens on overrun, but only if i beat on it a little. if i drive very tame, no problem
17501/P1093/004243 - Bank 1; Fuel Measuring System 2: Malfunction
 could this be from my rear o2 going bad possibly?
i was going to try replacing my font o2, but wanted to rule out the rear one. catless 3" downpipe, and i disabled the rear o2 DTC cel. should i try disconnecting the rear o2 maybe?
thanks for any info
auditune

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

as daft as this sounds just with engine on tick over try take oil cap of see what happens

i had this code last week on a car all points code wise to the hpfp but it was the pvc valve at the front was block and u pysicly could not pull the oil cap or dip stick out because there was so much vac in the crank case changes it the car run perfect
majorahole

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »

thanks for the reply.
I have already replace the front pcv, and no joy. this started happening after my rear breather froze and I built a ton of crankcase pressure causing smoke and oil to billow out of the exhaust. after replacing everything pcv related it burnt out the accumulated oil and it was ok with the stock pcv system. but I also was not hitting requested boost so I went back to blocking off the front, and now this is happening. it runs great until the smoke comes and I get the cel.
I might just have to return it to all stock and live with a slower car.

I've been reading a lot and it seems I could have damaged my cyl walls just enough to cause blow by...makes sense cuz I'm smelling it too....ugh. but only when warm and under low load/rpm overrun, is it happening

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 03:22:54 PM »

The oil seal in the turbo could be wiped out causing your smoking issue. Huh  As for the fault code your rear main crank seal could be leaking.... and when i say leaking i mean sucking in air and causing a running lean issue. At my shop we have replace a lot of rear main seals just this year on the 2.0T engines.

What is your learned fuel adaptions in the ECU Huh what is the Air leak adaptations in the ECU.??

Lee

Poor quality lingers long after the price is forgotten ....
majorahole

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 04:51:34 PM »

sorry I didn't see the reply.
i don't think the turbo is bad, cuz after I clear codes, it runs fine again. I'm not getting any lean codes, and shouldn't it leak oil out then too if the seal is leaky?? I'm not ruling this out as it seems like it could be related.
also I replaced the precat o2 and problem is still there. next up is the low pressure sensor on the fuel pump
majorahole

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »

sorry, forgot to update for anyone else.
turns out I just had a bunch of oil, moisture in my charge piping/intake manifold. when my intercooler hose seals would leak, the crap never made it up to the manifold to get sucked in at vac. when they were sealed the oil and crap would get pushed out of the intercooler and into the manifold. then for whatever reason wouldn't burn right away, but once it got into the highest vacuum the engine could, it would suck it in and burn it. thus messing with the lambda reading and causing the code. after I installed a FMIC and cleaned the intake manifold, it hasn't happened again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: