Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached, problem  (Read 6476 times)
snipervip

Hi guys, I am a bit newbie when it comes to 1.8t, I have couple questions after some remaps.
Unfortunatelly I am working on swapped 1.8t onto vw golf mk2 shell, because of that i have some errors mostly related with N112, N249 EVAP, secondary lambda, because they are not connected, and some CAN issues because golfs speedometer is a bit too analog.

Engine is AUQ with 320 ccm injectors and k03s turbo, with 06A906032HN ecu. Engine on standard software is working OK. But I found out on modified file that at certain level of ldrxn (around 140-150%) when logging I am receiving error code:

16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded)

Engine sounds OK, I am not having any rattle, starts OK.
On standard software I am not having that problem, I have not adjusted cam timming on remaped file.

When I receive that DTC ECU goes into Limp home mode (sort of), it limits boost up to 0,3-0,4 bar and load up to 105%.

The changes I have made is mostly for slighty richer lambda, I partially have advanced ignition timming, and tuned partial and WOT load. I will update file tommorow, but right now the question is have you even encountered this problem?

carsey

I get that code.  I have a vernier pulley which I think is set slightly retarded.  Still makes awesome power but no limp mode.  just the code.

Going to investigate it more,  but check the timing and also the timing between the 2 camshafts.
snipervip

I believe that timming should be OK because it is working correctly on standard software, no errors related with camshaft advance. I did 1-2-3 gear pull up to rev limiter, no problems at all.

It is not generating typical signs of pulley malfunction beside that code after remap at load at high RPM, because VVT in these engines are mostly for emmisions and are working also mostly in lower RPM range.

Working without files is difficult so I have attached my stage 1 tune file, which offcourse is work in progress, I have adjusted couple maps if I remember correctly it will be: lamfa, ldrxn, kfmiop, kfzw, kfzw2, kfzwop, kfzwop2.

If you take a look at file LOG-01-002-003-xxx.CSV you will see it's typical first run through REVS and as it hits 5000 RPM it is starting to lose load.
On second LOG file you'll see how it behaves after first strong pull with that remap file.

I have attached also DTC in Log-GOLFG602.txt file, I am not sure about error code 17705, cause I have checked DV valve with vaccum and it is not losing any pressure, also when I have pressed spring and closed vaccum inlet, spring was in place, other than that I was also using DV as BOV I have disconnected pipe that is releasing pressure in front of turbocharger compressor wheel (offcourse I have closed that hole in TIP to avoid any unmeasured air going to the engine), which may drive to DTC. But As I have said I have started to experiment with these engines and I am not sure what actions are causing what DTC's.

snipervip

OKay, I'll speak with myself.

I have a theory, that I'll check during the weekend.
Car is obvously running in limp mode it has 5 psi (0,35 bar od boost). I have checked that 1.8t engine can run with BOV and that should not cause any DTC or CEL depending how you call that, so when I would connect DV so that it releases air in to the atmosphere it should not cause any problems, it may enrich mixture when off throttle which will cause nice bang in the exhaust but no DTC.

So when I received code 17705 it may be caused by DV which could not hold 1 bar of boost. I have checked intake system before looking for some leaks but it was tight.
And I have heard that some people are receiving 16396 code when their having missfires.

When we put two and two together it may sound like dv was not holding boost properly, it lacked air which enriched mixture and caused it hard to ignite. I have spare DV from BAM engie so I'll check is that may be the reason of limp.
adam-

It's a software bug and you need to tweak (or 0) FVPDKLDUS.  Either that, or LKVDKNMN will change Leak Detection RPM.  Can bring it up to 1500 (the code will appear on cold start).

I'd just 0 DUS.
nyet
Administrator

I have checked that 1.8t engine can run with BOV and that should not cause any DTC or CEL depending how you call that, so when I would connect DV so that it releases air in to the atmosphere it should not cause any problems, it may enrich mixture when off throttle which will cause nice bang in the exhaust but no DTC.

It will also mess with your trims. Throw that POS away.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: