Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No throttle responce with heat soak.  (Read 4358 times)
seany260

« on: July 21, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »

I'll try and make this as clear as possible as it's on behalf of someone else. 
No throttle response after start-up when car has been left heat soaking, it does come good after a little fiddling or holding the pedal down before start-up.
Another thing that cures it is unplugging the IAT sensor but is the same even straight after its plugged it in again.
Is there anything in a tuned file relating to IAT'S  that could cause this, as its fine on a stock file.
Reason I'm asking is because I had the same problem but mines away after I changed to the 518ak file, but still would like to find out.
Parts that have been changed are the usual suspects, MAF, IAT, TB,CTS.

Car is an 04 Audi a4 1.8t with a Unitronic tune.
Sorry no file or logs as of current, just trying to get the ball rolling for him.Grin
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »

Did you post on audizine a couple years back about this?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 07:11:50 PM »

Im sure it not the file that can cause this... U say that when you unplug the IAT i cures the problem?.. the IAT is part of the 5V system check for shorts to groun... Measure all the sensor on the engine and make sure they are connected to ground and not gives you any 5V or some thing.. Also Remove ECU open the case and look for possible Burned conecting copper lines.  It happened to me...

E85oholic
larry_fopps

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:56:54 AM »

Hi all, I'm a new member on this forum and I am the person the OP created this thread in behalf of.

Yes, unplugging the IAT cures the problem and restores throttle. I swapped the IAT, issue still remains. Ecu has also been swapped. I am not throwing any codes related to the throttle at all. I am getting two recurring codes for the rear o2, intermittent inactivity and intermittent internal resistance too high. I've also installed a new rear o2 and these codes have remained. this weekend i intend on checking signal from the ecu to the rear o2.
overspeed

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »

I get some like it when I changed TVUB one byte length more than it was (selected 6 x 1 instead of 5x1)
larry_fopps

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »

I get some like it when I changed TVUB one byte length more than it was (selected 6 x 1 instead of 5x1)

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does TVUB stand for? Throttle valve something something?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 10:03:53 PM »

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does TVUB stand for? Throttle valve something something?

http://bfy.tw/wxx

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: