Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: slowly working through but still need some DTC help  (Read 15732 times)
adeyspec

« on: March 06, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »

ok guys i hope someone can help. my early euro s4 is running an mbox flashed a6 ecu. ive gotten rid of the dash can fault by setting CW_CAN_R to 0. but i still have a few more, they arnt effecting the cars running but i still have
P1523 Crash signal from airbag controller
P1473 EVAP leak detection pump open circuit
P1606 Rough road/engine torque signal from ABS electrical malfunction

these go away with the stock mapped Cbox in situe so im sure they are all fine

I tried setting CDLDP to 0 to try and get rid of the evap code but that hasnt worked,

any ideas?

also when i vag com my ABS and Airbag controller they have no faults?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »

It would seem the m-box flash can't properly communicate with the earlier systems. Maybe someone with a euro-spec car can comment.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 10:48:42 AM »

How is the m-box coded?

Are you sure it is 8D0 mbox?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adeyspec

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:53:25 AM »

Maybe a look at a euro map could help.

How do u mean coded? I have soft coded it to be an early NA s4 with out traction control? It wouldn't accept my euro soft code
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:04:17 AM »

How is the m-box coded?

Are you sure it is 8D0 mbox?

Pretty sure he has a 98 (much older than anything the m-box came in). From another thread he has softcoding of 05611 (IIRC).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »

It will probably be more work to fix all that than just take a stock C-box and tune that..

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adeyspec

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:45:27 AM »

i can leave it as it is for now, it no issue as its not causing any sort of limp mode. i will have to see if the abs will still cut in though. i might see if the abs needs recoding to an early NA s4? any one got the soft coding for one?

yes my car is an early s4, 98/99.

im sure i was told not to mess with the cbox on here and get an mbox flash lol
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »

Heh. It won't be the last time you'll get conflicting advice Smiley

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »

i can leave it as it is for now, it no issue as its not causing any sort of limp mode. i will have to see if the abs will still cut in though. i might see if the abs needs recoding to an early NA s4? any one got the soft coding for one?

yes my car is an early s4, 98/99.

Do you have access to a newer ABS module? Might be worth trying and seeing if the code goes away...

And I'm sure you were told to switch to the M-box, that's what most people use, it has the best support, etc. Problem is noone specifies that the recommendation applies primarily to NA cars. To be honest, most of us are ignorant on euro market specific cars Sad

On another note, pull your cluster bin/eeprom bin and post them in the appropriate section (please). What you have fascinates us, as most people here would love to have (if for no other reason than the novelty of it) an immobilizer equipped b5.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
adeyspec

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 12:01:31 PM »

Do you have access to a newer ABS module? Might be worth trying and seeing if the code goes away...

And I'm sure you were told to switch to the M-box, that's what most people use, it has the best support, etc. Problem is noone specifies that the recommendation applies primarily to NA cars. To be honest, most of us are ignorant on euro market specific cars Sad

On another note, pull your cluster bin/eeprom bin and post them in the appropriate section (please). What you have fascinates us, as most people here would love to have (if for no other reason than the novelty of it) an immobilizer equipped b5.

i dont but i can put it on my list of things to try out. i know that you can soft code an s4 abs unit for rs4 braking and they were 2001ish, so ill try one of those if i can find one.

to be honest bar the annoying codes i can only see when checking with vag com they arnt an issue, would just be nice to clear them, the mbox and it support has made this easier for me than trying out the cbox. i think it will actually help me go back to it at a later date.

cluster bin? think i can do the eeprom in my old (matching to car) ecu, infact i pulled it on to this site somewhere. it was a 551 no suffix read, if im thinking of the right thing, 512bytes (not kb) in size?
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »

Yep, the 95040 is 512bytes, the cluster eeprom is a bit larger. You can pull it using vag k+commander using your nefmoto cable (I attached the software, should be stickied in the cluster/immobilizer section). Since you have a matched set (rare around here) Just zip the files together and post them in either of the originals section. I'll take care of it from there Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
adeyspec

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »

ill see what i can do, my dash being old is very funny, sometimes it allows connections and others it boots me out. give me a day or 2
adeyspec

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

Heh. It won't be the last time you'll get conflicting advice Smiley

out of interest has any one got or know of a good 551C xdf or know of anyone implementing launch control on the C box?

i love the tune on there, 17-18psi spike 15psi hold, goes like stink
ddillenger

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »

Not complete, but a start.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »

LDRXN is wrong in that xdf (at least for the bin I have). If you get odd results try 0x1CD52. Looks good to me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:28:06 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: