Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Fresh Air Antilag via SAI  (Read 28731 times)
prj

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 11:50:14 PM »

I dont doubt you know your shit here, but there are reasons top level teams with unlimited budgets are currently running this.
The reason is that traction control and e-throttle are forbidden.

End of.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
zillarob

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 07:58:13 AM »

Tc is still a no-no, but they were allowing ebc and dbw.

Maybe the opposite in wrc? Ex-wrc cars needed to pull the wheel speed sensors off for some reason.
vwnut8392

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 11:56:53 AM »

Maybe the opposite in wrc? Ex-wrc cars needed to pull the wheel speed sensors off for some reason.

i would venture to think they make them pull the wheel speed sensors is because if their on there thats grounds for the teams to come up with a cheater traction control. i had an SCCA spec miata team approach me one time wanting me to build them cheater ECU's that where basically a megasquirt ECU inside the factory ECU enclosure. i built them one and told them i dont want to know what their doing with it and i hold no responsibility if they got caught doing what i thought they where going to do with it. all these teams will cheat to get an edge over the others if they know they can get away with it because its hard to detect radical electronic modifications especially if they are hidden by the factory car manufacturer.

oh and the spec miata team did do what i thought they was going to do with it and got caught running that ECU on their car. someone decided the ECU needed changes mid race and a track official seen them hooking a laptop to the ECU in the pits and making changes. that got them flagged and penalized lol. if i had thought about it i should have added a bluetooth to serial converter inside the ECU so that they didnt have to get close to the car to make changes lol. the lesson i learned is cheaters never win and play by the rules or they will eventually catch you.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:03:13 PM by vwnut8392 » Logged
prj

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »

If you have DBW you can implement TC without wheel speed sensors.
Just set a reasonable limit on RPM rate rise... Not exactly difficult to filter what is normal acceleration and what is traction loss.

Log your car properly.
zillarob

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »

i would venture to think they make them pull the wheel speed sensors is because if their on there thats grounds for the teams to come up with a cheater traction control. i had an SCCA spec miata team approach me one time wanting me to build them cheater ECU's that where basically a megasquirt ECU inside the factory ECU enclosure. i built them one and told them i dont want to know what their doing with it and i hold no responsibility if they got caught doing what i thought they where going to do with it. all these teams will cheat to get an edge over the others if they know they can get away with it because its hard to detect radical electronic modifications especially if they are hidden by the factory car manufacturer.

oh and the spec miata team did do what i thought they was going to do with it and got caught running that ECU on their car. someone decided the ECU needed changes mid race and a track official seen them hooking a laptop to the ECU in the pits and making changes. that got them flagged and penalized lol. if i had thought about it i should have added a bluetooth to serial converter inside the ECU so that they didnt have to get close to the car to make changes lol. the lesson i learned is cheaters never win and play by the rules or they will eventually catch you.

Thats hillarious!! Spec miata is about the last thing on the planet that needs tc.
What are they running nowadays, 125-130 whp?

The car that won the runoffs in 06 was like 116whp iirc  Grin
I think the big thing back then was calibrating the flow sensor and swapping around ecus till you found one with the highest rev limit. Not sure why/how that worked.
vwnut8392

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 01:44:34 AM »

Thats hillarious!! Spec miata is about the last thing on the planet that needs tc.
What are they running nowadays, 125-130 whp?

The car that won the runoffs in 06 was like 116whp iirc  Grin
I think the big thing back then was calibrating the flow sensor and swapping around ecus till you found one with the highest rev limit. Not sure why/how that worked.

The reason they wanted that ECU was because there was a sort of factory flaw in all the ECU's that when coolant temp above 180 deg F it pulled like 8 to 10 degrees of timing out of the car so they wanted to change that so that there was no timing loss regardless of coolant temp. from what i was told they cured that problem with the MS3X cheater ECU and than got greedy and started playing with the timing and fuel mapping which lead to them getting busted.
zillarob

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2015, 02:30:50 AM »

Keeping cts down was something we always kept an eye on in the Playboy cup mx5's.
I think I heard they busted some guys a while back for swapping sensors or resistors or something.

Funny what some guys will do. I remember one car getting into trouble for running rubber washers on the knock sensor to deaden it.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 11:36:55 AM »

Just set a reasonable limit on RPM rate rise...

I am interested in knowing how this can be achieved. Care to share, or mention a module I can look at?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwnut8392

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 09:25:00 PM »

Keeping cts down was something we always kept an eye on in the Playboy cup mx5's.
I think I heard they busted some guys a while back for swapping sensors or resistors or something.

Funny what some guys will do. I remember one car getting into trouble for running rubber washers on the knock sensor to deaden it.
on digifant 2 MK2 VW's we used to put aluminum shims between the knock sensor and the block than advance the distributor timing to hell lol. the cars ran like a scalded dog for what they where!
prj

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »

I am interested in knowing how this can be achieved. Care to share, or mention a module I can look at?
All you need to do is a map with maximum allowed RPM/sec with the axes being selected gear and current engine RPM.
Populate with values that can never be exceeded in normal driving and voila, you have wheelspin detection. Then limit tq closed loop until the values are below threshold again.

Log your car properly.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 08:54:16 AM »

All you need to do is a map with maximum allowed RPM/sec with the axes being selected gear and current engine RPM.
Populate with values that can never be exceeded in normal driving and voila, you have wheelspin detection. Then limit tq closed loop until the values are below threshold again.

I suppose my question was more geared toward whether there already being a map/maps that I could work with to achieve this result in a stock binary. What you describe makes it sound like the routine/map would need to be created to accomplish this.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: