Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi s4 b5 Stage 1 Jude tune.  (Read 12893 times)
Caffeinated Soul

« on: July 21, 2014, 06:49:52 AM »

I have a 2001.5 Audi s4 with a M-box that I want to do a stage 1 tune to. I tend to learn more by watching and having someone explain things than reading for weeks on end. My goal here is, I want to know if anyone would be willing to do a stage 1 tune on my car and explain things. After I have the begging down I tend to catch on just fine. I want to then learn more so I can tweak the stage 1 tune and then when I'm ready do a stage 2 tune and tweak that. I live in Omaha nebraska, and wouldn't mind paying someone a bit to show me the ropes.

I'm not trying to leach services from people, I'm sure you guys get that enough. I was looking at June's tune with the Hitachi maf stage 1. Correct me if I'm wrong, 2001.5's have the Hitachi maf right? It seems like the newest revision is a good starting ground and also leave room for me to learn how to tweak it to better suite my cars needs.http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1212.0

Any help would be appreciated, I just don't want to jump into this and grenade anything. Thank you for your time and if anyone wants to take some time out of their day for a newbie, it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:49:46 AM by Caffeinated Soul » Logged
S4addict

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »

just cautious  is all. the best way to do it is by your self.
when flashing as long as the cars on the battery charger and you make sure the tune didnt have any errors aka using checksum
you should be fine. i was nervous at first as well but taking an extra step just to recheck your work will help you alot here.
and you feel so much more acomplished if you do it your self the first time ha.
 im still learning alot but if you have any questions feel free to ask and ill try my best to help
turboat

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »

Take a look at the getting started guide: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title=

I would consider buying a used ecu, so if you brick it or something goes horribly wrong, you can swap them over. My most exciting moment yet was when a write failed on my daily...in my unit 30miles from home, luckily it worked the next time!
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »

Easy
first, ebay and buy mpps v13 clone (easiest way to flash and gives your bootmode recovery too)
second, Download tunerpro and install. (this is what your going to use to modify your orig file)
third, look under the definition files section and download a Mbox xdf (xdf is basically a glossary for map locations in your orig file)
forth, once mpps os installed and working read base file from your car (car not running, key on, read threw obd2)
fifth,  http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning (read it and read it again over and over)
sixth, edit your file with your new founded knowledge
seventh, checksum (checksum section read the stickys)
Eighth, flash modded file to car and log

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Allabout

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 01:40:05 AM »

Easy
first, ebay and buy mpps v13 clone (easiest way to flash and gives your bootmode recovery too)
second, Download tunerpro and install. (this is what your going to use to modify your orig file)
third, look under the definition files section and download a Mbox xdf (xdf is basically a glossary for map locations in your orig file)
forth, once mpps os installed and working read base file from your car (car not running, key on, read threw obd2)
fifth,  http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning (read it and read it again over and over)
sixth, edit your file with your new founded knowledge
seventh, checksum (checksum section read the stickys)
Eighth, flash modded file to car and log

Great Info provided,

1. I don't have an MMPS cable myself yet.
2. Done
3. Not able to find the XDF file for my Box code, even thou I found the FTP and original file thread
4. Personally, I used VCDS HEX+CAN, Then succesfully pulled my ECU file. Ddillinger was nice enough to pull my SKC.
5. Extremely good tip, still keep reading it myself almost 3 weeks later
6-8. Still not ready personally.

Overall a good quick guide.
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »

S4 mbox is the most defined and commonly used definitions on this fourm... They are there 100% just have to look. I'd link it but I'm too lazy

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Allabout

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 05:25:22 PM »

S4 mbox is the most defined and commonly used definitions on this fourm... They are there 100% just have to look. I'd link it but I'm too lazy

I myself dont have a M-box, I have the D-box. Which from all accounts seems to be the hardest ones info to find.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 05:41:28 PM »

Don't bother with that file. Switch to a different version, like the 551M.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:46:20 PM by ddillenger » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Allabout

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 01:46:38 AM »

Don't bother with that file. Switch to a different version, like the 551M.

IF that is the case, I'm sure I asked this on another thread.
Would I need to change the MAF scalling for the Bosch MAF instead of the Hitachi?
Or merely install a Hitachi MAF instead?

As for the IMMO information? Would you recommend copying the relevant info over or simply ignore the IMMO?

Ideally thou, I would still prefer to have a spare ECU to play with.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 10:58:43 AM »

Yes, you need MLHFM and MLOFS from Bosch ECU.

M box has no immo.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Caffeinated Soul

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll probably play with the software for awhile before doing anything. No money on hand for spare ecu as of right now. I talked to a buddy that does a bit on his firebird recently, and he brought up a point. I would assume it would follow on our cars as well. He said on his he has it running rich so he can advance the timings. Wouldn't you want it as close to perfect as possible?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »

I talked to a buddy that does a bit on his firebird recently, and he brought up a point. I would assume it would follow on our cars as well. He said on his he has it running rich so he can advance the timings. Wouldn't you want it as close to perfect as possible?

ME7 is quite a bit different than anything you'll find on a firebird, but, yes, in principle (in the most basic terms), it is similar.

You're going to need to do quite a bit more research than "my friend does firebirds" though, if you expect results Wink

ECUx Plot

Caffeinated Soul

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »

Oh trust me, I plan on it. I tend to do alot of reading and understanding about stuff first. Then I like to mess with software for a bit before I dive in and screw something up lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: