Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with ECU swap, Immo off, finding sks pin 4Z7 907 551 aa  (Read 841 times)
Moraga_C5_A6

« on: March 10, 2024, 09:28:03 PM »

I'm a noob in need of help. I have a replacement 4Z7 907 551 AA ECU, to replace the original, now fried, ECU, ON MY 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line. My brother who passed away last year, left the car to me, with just over 37k miles. He apparently purchased the used 4Z7 907 551 aa ECU, but never got around to mating it to the car. I installed the ECU , but it just cranks and trys to start, then shuts off.   I have his copy of VCDS Lite, and vag Commander 1.4,  but no other programs that I'm aware of.   Is it against the forum rules to ask for help in removing the Immobilizer. It's a 2004, so I think that makes it Immo 3.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!
grayjay

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 10:32:56 PM »

Sorry to hear about loss of your brother. It would likely be easier to find someone local with the skills and tools if you just want to get it running without taking up a new hobby dealing with antique programming.

Read a copy ECUs EEPROM file (not the flash .bin) using nefmoto flasher.
Then, use eeprom tool
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0
to set the immo off and then fix checksum within the revised file. Note that eeprom tool can be used as standalone command line program or it is even easier to use together with the visual logger GUI if you get that setup.

Once you have the EEPROM file ready, then you will need to use a bench-flash cable to flash it directly back to the ECU in boot mode (not via the cars OBD port!). There are plenty of tutorials explaining how to access boot mode so read up on those first.

Alternately, if you get the clusters SKC, you can use that along with full VCDS (not lite version) to adapt the new ECU without disabling immo following VCDS directions.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 10:46:02 PM »

1. Nefmoto does not read the eeprom
2. Immo off is flipping 4 bits including the checksum
3. Vcds lite will 100% adapt a new ECU as long as you have the old  and new skc for login
4. Virtually everything is documented and stickied l, could always use Google too, YouTube etc.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 02:52:23 PM »

1. Nefmoto does not read the eeprom
2. Immo off is flipping 4 bits including the checksum
3. Vcds lite will 100% adapt a new ECU as long as you have the old  and new skc for login
4. Virtually everything is documented and stickied l, could always use Google too, YouTube etc.

Thank you very much for your answer!!! I'm a bit slower than I used to be since the stroke I had.
       Since I already have an identical spare ECU ( 4Z7 907 551 AA out of a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line  ), I just have to find a way to get the SKC numbers for each of the 2 ECUs.   
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 03:07:20 PM »

Sorry to hear about loss of your brother. It would likely be easier to find someone local with the skills and tools if you just want to get it running without taking up a new hobby dealing with antique programming.

Read a copy ECUs EEPROM file (not the flash .bin) using nefmoto flasher.
Then, use eeprom tool
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0
to set the immo off and then fix checksum within the revised file. Note that eeprom tool can be used as standalone command line program or it is even easier to use together with the visual logger GUI if you get that setup.

Once you have the EEPROM file ready, then you will need to use a bench-flash cable to flash it directly back to the ECU in boot mode (not via the cars OBD port!). There are plenty of tutorials explaining how to access boot mode so read up on those first.

Alternately, if you get the clusters SKC, you can use that along with full VCDS (not lite version) to adapt the new ECU without disabling immo following VCDS directions.

Thank you very much for your willingness to help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: