Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: First attempt at Stage 1 map  (Read 18336 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »

I would not do this without additional LAMFAWKR tuning.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Mechsoldier

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »

In response to what I said about the timing pull? Or response to something else? You're one of the few people that doesn't talk out of your ass on here so if you think that I should then I'll take a look at it my sister is car has been running it like this for 20,000 miles and when I under the car I beat the shit out of it everyday.

Can you explain why that would be and why it's not just the same thing as the range from the Factory? I do it to everything I tune and I have yet to have an issue and I have tuned probably 75 cars.

I saw somebody mentioned that the whole EGT was simulated and not real but from my setting basic settings with vagcom when working on a cars and watching the catalyst temp Ray's and the oxygen sensor temp raise that doesn't really seem to be the case it seemed to me that they were just using the heater inside of the oxygen sensor to calculate the heat.

If that's the case and I am exceeding that it should just go into the protection app on its own right
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »

Can you explain why that would be and why it's not just the same thing as the range from the Factory?

Factory should not pull 9 deg timing on 91 oct, or depend on timing pull to "compensate" when you use better gas.

For custom tuning, it is acceptable to pull timing via KR, but you are almost always leaving a lot of power on the table when you do so. Tuning so you have 0 KR timing pull will always guarantee the best power/torque. Stock KR based ignition pull is very conservative, and tweaking KR to be more aggressive is kind of unsafe unless you have detcans to tune it.

Instead of just pulling timing on KR (to provide MORE timing when you have better gas), consider also adding fuel via LAMFAWKR (which, like LAMFA, is disabled in most stock files). Instead of pulling 9 deg on bad gas, you may be able to get away with 3 deg or less.

You'll get better results with both bad (and good) gas.

YMMV, of course. I could be wrong about all of this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:59:31 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: