Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Immo 3 ECU swap fail - "System Not Ok" - (AUM to AUQ ECU)  (Read 22625 times)
tjwasiak

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 03:10:31 PM »

It will work correctly because you are using ECU without immobilizer...
adam-

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 03:06:30 AM »

Yeah, that's correct.

But the reason you can't use the AUM immo is because they're different.  Good information to know!
automan001

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 03:24:36 AM »

you can make a mix of two eeproms from your original aum and donors auq.
i had same issue and had successfully solved it. all you need is to move immo key, vin, login(pin) into new eeprom.
or you can make immo off. your problem is that cluster can't write immo key into new ecu, but it can be done manually
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:10:35 AM by automan001 » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 07:43:47 AM »

you can make a mix of two eeproms from your original aum and donors auq.
i had same issue and had successfully solved it. all you need is to move immo key, vin, login(pin) into new eeprom.
or you can make immo off. your problem is that cluster can't write immo key into new ecu, but it can be done manually

Are you referring to the seed value in the eeprom when you refer to the immobilizer key? Address?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
f1torrents

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 07:59:02 AM »

I do this in clusters all the time.
When putting a R32 or GLI cluster in a GL or GLS and VCDS will not adapt it.
Simply move over the data for the immo, PIN, vin and key data, and its done.
stranger_in_distress

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »

I made the AUQ ECU to work with IMMO ON on my car. I copied from my original AUM ECU to the AUQ EEPROM  the following:
-VIN
-SKC
-IMMO ID
-Instrument Cluster Code(Key code?)

After that, I fixed the Checksums(using turboat's 95040Tool) and everything worked like a charm.

Thanks again for the help!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:24:45 AM by stranger_in_distress » Logged
tjwasiak

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 08:52:15 AM »

I do this in clusters all the time.
When putting a R32 or GLI cluster in a GL or GLS and VCDS will not adapt it.
Simply move over the data for the immo, PIN, vin and key data, and its done.

If you are talking about Mk IV Golf you are wrong as I swaped R32 cluster into TDI (IMMO3) many times without any issues.
And what will you do if you will be faced with non VDO cluster?
f1torrents

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »

I didnt say it cannot be adapted, just in some cases I have had it wont adapt.
Sometimes it will sometimes it wont. Rather than messing around with it I do it manually and its done.
And if you don't have all or any of the keys present this is a great way to do it so you dont have to re-adapt the other keys later.

Just makes my life easier.

Also great for re-using old immo pills, and swapping other non-compatable clusters like you mentioned.

Not always necessary but easier for me.
automan001

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »

Are you referring to the seed value in the eeprom when you refer to the immobilizer key? Address?
034h & 044h, 7 bytes right after SKC represent the immo key (it's handshake key between ECU and Instrument Cluster(IC)). IC's eeprom stores the same key. When these keys match - immo validation successfully passes. You can make them equal manually (both in ECU and in IC), in this way you can bind almost any IC to any ME7x ECU (and i think M3.8.x & M5.9.x too).
Look at the attached picture, field #2 in left (ECU) and right (IC) side.
automan001

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 01:49:12 AM »

what will you do if you will be faced with non VDO cluster?
A non-vdo cluster, if it's bind to a bosch motronic ECU, should store the immo key somewhere in it's eeprom (because bosch uses this "handshake" technique). Using pair of dumps for IC's and ECU's eeprom you it should be easy to find the key location unless the IC eeprom is encrypted.
ddillenger

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 01:52:52 AM »

034h & 044h, 7 bytes right after SKC represent the immo key (it's handshake key between ECU and Instrument Cluster(IC)). IC's eeprom stores the same key. When these keys match - immo validation successfully passes. You can make them equal manually (both in ECU and in IC), in this way you can bind almost any IC to any ME7x ECU (and i think M3.8.x & M5.9.x too).
Look at the attached picture, field #2 in left (ECU) and right (IC) side.

Thanks Smiley

+1

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
tjwasiak

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 02:45:23 AM »

A non-vdo cluster, if it's bind to a bosch motronic ECU, should store the immo key somewhere in it's eeprom (because bosch uses this "handshake" technique). Using pair of dumps for IC's and ECU's eeprom you it should be easy to find the key location unless the IC eeprom is encrypted.
And here comes trouble Wink For example Golf IV 1.6 with non Bosch ECU and non VDO cluster Cheesy
We are far away from topic but still it could be useful for someone to know how to solve immobilizer adaptation issues...
stranger_in_distress

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 04:00:00 AM »

My instrument cluster is made by Jaeger(...and it's made full of fail: fuel level needle is off by half a tank, trip km shows random characters, when is very hot or very cold outside the DIS lines get faded in corners and sometimes it does this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGb3CPRWHuo. Wanted to fix it/replace it but got used to the issues)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: