Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: No-erasable DTC (checksumm error) in me7.1.1 4Z7_907_551N (Allroad 2.7tt)  (Read 20185 times)
a200tq

So-long story. There is 2004 Allroad 2.7tt with manual gearbox with low range. Vag com show me alot of dtc, but one of them was "checksumm incorrect". Owner just bought this car, and know nothing about it. I was very! surprised when i see an mtm-tuned motronic with UNDAMAGED mtm-seal (370 ps) and simple crypto-panel inside. As i know, this crypto can not be write from obd-plug, right?. So, i am downlowad this tuned file from motronic, and yes, there is "1 chk wrong". In mtm-file from sealed box. I do correction of checksumm, desolder crypto, install 29F800BB, upload corrected file. Still have "checksumm incorrect" dtc, that i can not erase with vag-com. Ok, i am upload absolutely trouble-free stock 551N file from auto-gearbox allroad. "checksumm incorrect" dtc again. So gurus, i need your help. How i can erase this DTC? maybe i need login procedure before erase? Or what? Or maybe motronic physycally damageg? Or only mtronic replacement will help?
And maybe anybody have ori-file for this manual gear-low range allroad? there no software version in this dump. I have another non-stock dump for allroad like this (low-range manual), and no software version too. 
infinkc

code 16985?  if so its in the 95040 Eprom chip(small 8 pin) not the 800BB.  If you can read out the bin of that chip for me i can fix it for you.

a200tq

code 16985?  if so its in the 95040 Eprom chip(small 8 pin) not the 800BB.  If you can read out the bin of that chip for me i can fix it for you.

Yes, code is stored in eeprom, like others, but i cant erase it. I dont think, that there is problem in eprom chk, i have problem with eprom chk in other car (due to owner attempts for immo disable), and in this case, even no communication with motronic and no start condition. And there in me7.1.1 eprom is 1kb 74hc00 (dont remember exactly), not 512b st95040, this is more difficult to fix...
Rick

Are you using Nefmoto to flash?
a200tq

Are you using Nefmoto to flash?

No, galletto in boot mode on the bench. But there was incorrect checksumm in mtm file (and DTC about this) before i do anything with motronic. With this galeto i am reflesh some amount of me7.x.x without any problem.
DigiFather

got similar problem in this ecu 2 month ago , problem is in flash - checksum was not  good calculated, and error was stored in 95040. I back to ori file (flash) and clone 95040 from other same number ecu , next adapt ecu to immo and problem gone...

terok

Did you get this fixed already?
No immo adaptation needed.
Problem can be fixed by changing 3 bytes from flash.
professor

Did you get this fixed already?
No immo adaptation needed.
Problem can be fixed by changing 3 bytes from flash.

And those 3 bytes would be?

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
RS4boost

And those 3 bytes would be?

The ECU checksum error is stored with a "01" at hex 1C and 2C in the 95040 EEPROM.
Both values must be "00" to clear the DTC.

If you have no access to your EEPROM you must desolder it.

If you have changed both values, you must recalculate the LoHi checksums at the end of both lines.
These are at hex 1E/1F for the value in 1C and 2E/2F for the value in 2C.

professor

The ECU checksum error is stored with a "01" at hex 1C and 2C in the 95040 EEPROM.
Both values must be "00" to clear the DTC.

If you have changed both values, you must recalculate the LoHi checksums at the end of both lines.
These are at hex 1E/1F for the value in 1C and 2E/2F for the value in 2C.

In my case error stored with "33" value not "01".
The weird is that i flash my working eeprom  ("00" values @ 1c, 2c), car can start up etc but after some ignitions and few km same problem is back on.
Do you have any suggestions?

RS4boost

In my case error stored with "33" value not "01".
The weird is that i flash my working eeprom  ("00" values @ 1c, 2c), car can start up etc but after some ignitions and few km same problem is back on.
Do you have any suggestions?

Ok, I have only seen a "01" with an ECU CS failure, and never a "33".

If the failure came back, there must be an other CS failure in your flashed software, or CS in your EEPROM is not right calculated after changing 1C and 2C to "00".

If definitely not, there must be a hardware failure in your ECU (flash, EEPROM or RAM).

Has you already tryed to flash a original stock software to flash and EEPROM?

These 6 DTC`s can bring a bad CS faiure.

P0601 - 16985 - Motorsteuergerät - Speicher Prüfsummenfehler
P0602 - 16986 - Motorsteuergerät - Programmierungsfehler
P0603 - 16987 - Motorsteuergerät - Fehler Dauerspeicher (KAM/EEPROM)
P0604 - 16988 - Motorsteuergerät - Fehler RAM-Speicher
P0605 - 16989 - Motorsteuergerät - Fehler ROM-Speicher
P0606 - 16990 - Motorsteuergeärt - Interner Fehler

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:08:48 AM by RS4boost » Logged

professor

Yes but only flashing (in case of 29f800) cause my setup will not work properly with stock flash file.
Files are shown correct CS'ed via winols and me7check.
The problem starts after flashing a modified file and happens 3 times.
Now i am using my previous working file (ive been using this for 2 months and more than 1000km) to see if error ll appear again.

P0601 Motorsteuergerät - Speicher Prüfsummenfehler
this is what i saw, labeled 16985, and car wont start up.
I flash original file, error was removed but car wont start up. I had to flash eeprom in order to make it start.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:18:37 AM by professor » Logged

nyet
Administrator

I thought flashing through Nefmoto clears this

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
terok

I think you should test CDTAATUN -> 0xFF00 and CLAAATUN ->0x00. This doesn't care what's in the eeprom.
AARDQ

I've found that the Willem GQ 3X and Pomona test clip works great, even on a 7.1.1 with 5P8C03 rather than 95040.  No need to de-solder. 

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4225
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: