Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My a4 1.8tq -01 dies at idle sometimes.  (Read 5022 times)
Terror_Flynn

« on: March 28, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »

Hi!

I'm gonna try this forum and see if anybody has some good tips about my fault with my car.

As the topic says, my car dies sometimes when idle. Usually after I have drove it for a while and I think the problem occurs often/only when it is warm outside.

The problem is far from everyday, it can go days/weeks between.

When it dies I just crank the engine and all is good again. It never dies when I am driving, only at idle.

A another thing is when I start the car, for example in the morning, I feel like the engine hesitate a little when I crank it and fire it up.

I have thought about a lot of things that may cause this problem. Like fuel pump, MAF, coils.

Audi A4 Avant 1.8t Quattro -2001 (AWT)
Terror_Flynn

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:06:55 AM »

I had a fault code about the G28 speed sensor.

I changed the sensor and my problems with the engine dies at idle, problem to crank the engine (EPC light on), ruff idle etc. Are gone know.

I think it really was no mechanically problem with the old sensor. It was just really dirty and because the sensor is magnetic a lot off dirt was stuck on it and caused a bad signal.

Audi A4 Avant 1.8t Quattro -2001 (AWT)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: