Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63
Author Topic: ME7 EEPROM programmer  (Read 857951 times)
alexrae

« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »

Finally figure that out Smiley luckily - CS line was traceable... although it raises additional questions, like: expected line to go to the big offcenter chip (on my test 7.1.1 ECU it has marks c167 - as I understand this should be an main CPU). But line ended on the center one Smiley surprisly in my module all those numbers ion the siemens chips got me no info, so I use C167 layout as a reference... Why there 2 looks like pretty close by function chips? anyway - CSpin in the hardware was 4.7, I specify this CS in cmd file and finally got the bin!!!! today modify it to turn immo off, write it back (for some reason it fails on eeprom verification, but next read show updated info)... will try tomorrow on the car
ddillenger

« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2014, 07:52:53 PM »

Finally figure that out Smiley luckily - CS line was traceable... although it raises additional questions, like: expected line to go to the big offcenter chip (on my test 7.1.1 ECU it has marks c167 - as I understand this should be an main CPU). But line ended on the center one Smiley surprisly in my module all those numbers ion the siemens chips got me no info, so I use C167 layout as a reference... Why there 2 looks like pretty close by function chips? anyway - CSpin in the hardware was 4.7, I specify this CS in cmd file and finally got the bin!!!! today modify it to turn immo off, write it back (for some reason it fails on eeprom verification, but next read show updated info)... will try tomorrow on the car

Very nice! Thanks for the update.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
redtop

« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »

Sounds like it behaves exactly like the Alfa Romeo ME7.3.1. Fail on autodetect. I tested my way to CSpin 4.7. Also fails on verification, but if you read it manually and compare to the writing is OK. It seems you have to restart the ECU to do a reading after writing, and that is why the verification fails.
alexrae

« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2014, 07:37:25 AM »

I think so as well... Can it be related to manual configuration for CSpin and some bug in program if it try to autodetect it for validation? Today pouring rain - cannot check everything on the car... Will update as soon as verify
aef

« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »

I am trying to read a me7.5 immo in --ODB mode but i couldnt change the baudrate.
Tried it with win7 pc and xp netbook but no matter what i use the tool does not change the baud rate.

tried under 1.40, 1.39 and 1.30 version of the me7_95040.

i am under the impression that this worked before but i do this immo stuff rarely.
is this cable related?
eliotroyano

« Reply #425 on: October 14, 2014, 05:19:12 AM »

I am trying to read a me7.5 immo in --ODB mode but i couldnt change the baudrate.
Tried it with win7 pc and xp netbook but no matter what i use the tool does not change the baud rate.
tried under 1.40, 1.39 and 1.30 version of the me7_95040.
i am under the impression that this worked before but i do this immo stuff rarely.
is this cable related?

does anytime the --OBD option works for any version? I don't have luck at all. It will be really nice to have this option working.
aef

« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2014, 05:57:40 AM »

no i will have to open up the ecu and use the bootmode :/
Cabok

« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2014, 06:15:33 AM »

I've added two options to the GUI, the reconnect and SKC commands. I've never used them, I assume they are called properly.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong !

Again, this is a frontend for ME7 v1.40, included in the zip file.

Edit: get the latest version:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1168.435
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:14:42 AM by Cabok » Logged
Tigerimtank

« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2014, 09:18:40 AM »

SKC its wonderful but what iss reconnect...?
Cabok

« Reply #429 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »

It's to avoid restarting the ECU after a read or write operation in bootmode, as per this page:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1168.30

redtop

« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2014, 10:27:45 AM »

I've added two options to the GUI, the reconnect and SKC commands. I've never used them, I assume they are called properly.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong !

Again, this is a frontend for ME7 v1.40, included in the zip file.

Some comments:

If I choose another folder in the "save as" dialog the GUI starts the command window in that directory, and expects the ME7EEPROM.EXE to be located there. Could there be an explicit path to the ME7EEPROM.EXE?

The "reconnect" option seems to be used wrong, at least when Cspin is specified. If i change --reconnectP4.7 to --reconnect in the command line below it works to read the eeprom again without rebooting the ECU.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\ME 7.3.1\Test-ECU>ME7EEPROM --bootmode 95080 --CSpin P4.7 --reconnectP4.7 --SKC -p 2  -b 9600 -r "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\ME 7.3.1\Test-ECU\eeprom ori3.bin"
ME7_EEPROM v1.40
Error: unrecognised option `--reconnectP4.7'. (error=0x10201)
Cabok

« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »

Reconnect -> Oh ! That's a Bug ! You shouldn't have the CSpin numbers again, right after the reconnect command... That's a "copy and paste" error, I'll fix it.

And for the startup directory, it should be easy to fix. Stand by !

Cabok

« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »

Ok, temporary fix. The reconnect should work now, but I think I have timing issues with the commands being sent to the dos window.
When I specify a path that uses the user's profile (the desktop, for example) I sometimes see "Usr" instead of "User". I'll investigate later on. I guess for now I can only suggest to select a path not to far away from the root, or not using the user's profile, until it's fixed. Sorry !

By the way, these "typos" won't scramble whatever you read or write to the ecu. The GUI is only preparing the command, it's not processing the data sent or received.

Edit: get the latest version:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1168.435

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:17:01 AM by Cabok » Logged
redtop

« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2014, 12:28:13 PM »

Ok, temporary fix. The reconnect should work now, but I think I have timing issues with the commands being sent to the dos window.
When I specify a path that uses the user's profile (the desktop, for example) I sometimes see "Usr" instead of "User". I'll investigate later on. I guess for now I can only suggest to select a path not to far away from the root, or not using the user's profile, until it's fixed. Sorry !

By the way, these "typos" won't scramble whatever you read or write to the ecu. The GUI is only preparing the command, it's not processing the data sent or received.

Thanks for the new version!
I also experienced "abbreviated" paths.
Cabok

« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »

Ok, I think I got it. Uppercase is the key. The paths will all be converted to uppercase, but I'm keeping the filename as it was written.

Version 1.05...

*** edit: look down, version 1.06 is waiting there ! ***
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:43:54 AM by Cabok » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63
  Print  

Jump to: