Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SKC logs into ENGINE, but not to INSTRUMENTS  (Read 5662 times)
andrew8527

« on: March 23, 2016, 08:13:50 PM »

2003 A4, 1.8t, USA, IMMO3

I used VAG CAN commander with a blue KKL cable to retrieve my SKC.  I then switch over to VCDS to verify - first in the 1-ENGINE section --> login accepted.  I then try the same SKC in the INSTRUMENTS section - login code not accepted by controller
Hmmm.  I would imagine the fact that the ECU was replaced by the previous owner of the car (at the dealership) may have something do to with this?  My ultimate question is: does this affect my ability to put in a used, MTM chipped ECU ?  Thanks in advance.
ktm733

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 09:06:38 PM »

My guess is Ecu was replaced and Immo was removed. There a couple programs that around here that can read the skc from the cluster. That's what I would do
groveguy89

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 02:04:08 AM »

I have found that VAGEEPROMprogramer works great for pulling the cluster SKC if you want to find out what it is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm pretty sure it depends on if the ECU you want to run already has IMMO defeated or not. If it hasn't been defeated you will either have to defeat it yourself, or adapt it to your cluster as a replacement ECU via VCDS following the procedure in the Ross Tech wiki. I would wait for confirmation from someone that knows for sure though I'm still pretty new to this and my answer could be way off base. Regardless; hope that helps  Grin
andrew8527

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 02:47:18 PM »

Finally had a chance to try to pull the cluster file.  This was using VAG EEPROM Programmer and the usual blue cable.  I chose "Dash -> Bosch -> Audi A4 (RB4 Encrypted) -> Read EEProm (Encrypted)"

Can anyone shed light on where the SKC is in this file?  I know it's at 32/33 in the ECU dump, but from the searching I've done, it seems to be in a different location in the cluster?
Thanks.

I have found that VAGEEPROMprogramer works great for pulling the cluster SKC if you want to find out what it is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm pretty sure it depends on if the ECU you want to run already has IMMO defeated or not. If it hasn't been defeated you will either have to defeat it yourself, or adapt it to your cluster as a replacement ECU via VCDS following the procedure in the Ross Tech wiki. I would wait for confirmation from someone that knows for sure though I'm still pretty new to this and my answer could be way off base. Regardless; hope that helps  Grin
k0mpresd

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »

its encrypted.....
andrew8527

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »

Hmm. Ok. I'm still quite green.

Is there another way I should be reading the cluster then?  Were the previous posters incorrect in their recommendation to read skc from the cluster?

Also - do you happen to know if I will encounter any problem if I adapt a used (MTM chipped) ECU to the skc of the cluster?  That is my end goal here....
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »

set to new > read decrypted.
andrew8527

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 07:18:04 PM »

Bang....makes sense.  Thank you sir.

Got it.  PIN displayed at the bottom of the screen, verified in VCDS.

Now I am able to adapt my used, MTM ECU with this PIN - correct?  Thanks again for the help k0mpresd.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: