Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gear-By-Gear load regulation in MED9.1??  (Read 4275 times)
oldcarguy85

« on: January 31, 2014, 07:19:15 AM »

Hey all,
so a moron dealer is telling me my new Golf R is tuned because it runs more than 0PSI in first gear lol.  One other person has said the car should run lower boost in first gear (regulated by the ECU).  As far as i know, there is no provision for gear-by-gear load regulation in MED9.1.  Can anyone verify this?  I'm confident this dealer is full of shit, but It would be nice to have all the info I can.

Just FYI - the car runs exactly 15psi in pretty much every gear -- Doesn't seem like a tuned car to me....
f1torrents

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »

Pretty sure if your car was tuned, as soon as they scan it there would be a TD1 code.
oldcarguy85

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:47:35 AM »

Pretty sure if your car was tuned, as soon as they scan it there would be a TD1 code.

I agree.  I'm yet to get an entirely clear answer on that.  VW corporate didn't even know what that was, but they said nothign was on file like that.  I called another dealer, who didn't knwo what that was, and said they didn't see anything like that on file for the car.  I think i'm good.  I had VW corporate put some of this in writing also.

FWIW, i also found a Youtube video comparing a stock tune with APR stage 1 with a boost gauge installed inteh car. The car clearly runs and holds 15psi+ of boost in first gear.  Frustrating dealign with moron dealers.
f1torrents

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:17:25 AM »

Get vw of America on the phone while you are at the dealer.
Tell them to call the dealership while you are there and have them talk to them. That solves a lot of problems.
Once head office calls the dealership they have no choice but to listen.

But as a side note. If you are not happy with the service you are getting, it's best to find a new dealership to start a relationship with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: