Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3702 times)
SAgti

« on: July 13, 2013, 12:50:06 PM »

Hi guys.

First I would like to say well done, this software and forum is fantastic!

It must be about 6 or 7 years ago myself and some other guys from the Vortex got together online and tried to do this thing. We found that information was just not available and eventually it died a death. I got as far as writing some software that could communicate with the ECU via the OBD port. I only got as far as initializing the ecu via KWP2000 protocol and getting a responce from the ecu. Haha in the context of Nefmoto! I gave up because there was just too much mountain.... and not enough climbing gear! Grin Never mind reading and writing the ECU we would still be totally in the dark about the maps and checksums.

I had basically given up the idea and lost interest in tuning my GTi since I am now the proud owner of an RS3. This has rekindled my interest though! I now have the same problem with the RS though - not found any info about tuning that. Not that I would consider it till I have learnt alot!

My thinking is that I will learn on the GTi (I have 2 ECU's for it) and hopefully at some stage Nefmoto grows to include the ECU in the RS3!

I have already read my file out of the GTi - atuned file I purchased from a tuner about 8 years ago! I was jumping around my garage like an ape when that was successful! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wife was wondering what the hell I was doing in there!

THANKS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: