Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.8L ECU Bench Setup  (Read 5361 times)
TUTRider

« on: May 08, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »

Posted awhile ago about getting started tuning my 2.8L A4, but now that I have all the cables, parts, and stuff that I need I am a little confused on how to build a bench setup for my ECU. I have looked up how to do it but it seems like the ECU wires/connectors in the build instruction and pictures are different than mine. How can I connect my VAG cable to my ECU like this guy has:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/445065-how-to-build-a-bench-flash-boot-mode-harness-for-your-me7-ecu

My car is a 2000 Audi A4 Quattro Avant 2.8L

Thanks!
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 09:50:09 PM »

Posted awhile ago about getting started tuning my 2.8L A4, but now that I have all the cables, parts, and stuff that I need I am a little confused on how to build a bench setup for my ECU. I have looked up how to do it but it seems like the ECU wires/connectors in the build instruction and pictures are different than mine. How can I connect my VAG cable to my ECU like this guy has:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/445065-how-to-build-a-bench-flash-boot-mode-harness-for-your-me7-ecu

My car is a 2000 Audi A4 Quattro Avant 2.8L

Thanks!

If your car is a 2000, and is DBW, it is exactly like his is. If it's DBC, and a 99 or older, it will be differejtl Post pics!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
TUTRider

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »

If your car is a 2000, and is DBW, it is exactly like his is. If it's DBC, and a 99 or older, it will be differejtl Post pics!

Let me know if you need more pictures of something else!
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:48:29 PM »

That is a DBC ecu. It won't work with nefmoto, nor can it be read.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
TUTRider

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »

That is the saddest thing I have heard today.  Cry

So do I have any options to tune my car at all?
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »

MPPS will write it, and here is your original file:

The principles are the same, but it hasn't been publicly defined, so you REALLY have to want it-lol.

Good luck.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
TUTRider

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »

I do want it, this is my ECU out of my old car though that I thought I could use but I will have to check my new car ECU to see if it the same issue. How can you tell that it is this type of ECU? And how can I set up a bench setup to write it with MPPS?

I appreciate all the answers and info.
turboat

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 05:07:58 AM »

The generation of ECU decides if you an write it with nef, and read it over obd - m3.8 cannot be written with nef and read over obd, me7.x can be written and read with nef (and written with a bunch of other tools like mpps and galletto).

The two systems are incompatible, the ECU plugs are a different shape, m3.8 uses a cable throttle, me7.x uses drive-by-wire.

Easiest way to see is if the ECU plug in your new car is the same shape as the ECU plug on the old ECU, if they are the same, they it is defo not me7.x. If they are different shapes, then look at the part numbers.

You maybe should look at the availible power here thou, there are not huge gains you can get remapping a normally aspirated engine, and this may be a lot of effort for little gain.

regarding how to make a bench setup - look at the pinout picture that DD posted above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: