Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bench flash cable - ME 7.1.1  (Read 8546 times)
SteveAR

« on: February 29, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »

Anyone know of a source for a bench flash cable?  I'm way too lazy to source ECU connectors and a OBD connector and make all the necessary connections.  Hoping someone (company or individual) makes these up?!  2.7T ME 7.1.1 BEL
Thanks
pvl

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:17:31 AM »

For the price of a benchflashcable, you can get a mpps-interface that works via obd. No messing around Wink

benchflashcables and mpps interfaces. :

http://shop.tmchiptuning.com/product_info.php?info=p85_byteshooter-vag-me7-1-me7-5--me7-1-1.html
http://autodiagtechnology.en.made-in-china.com/product/bMhnNRilkdcy/China-ECU-Cable-for-VAG-Me7-Obdiif-ECU-Cable-for-VAG-Me7-1-7-5-and-Me7-1-1.html

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mpps&_sacat=&_dmpt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&_odkw=mpps+v12&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

Cheers,

PvL
s5fourdoor

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:33 AM »

can mpps write over bricked ecus without boot mode?
SteveAR

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »

Thanks for the links.  The one that teminates to the DB9 looks like a great start.  The second link looks PERFECT, however it doesn't look like you can buy it?
I'm trying to plug the specs into Google but not much is coming up.
  I know I can just attach to the ECU pins with micro grabbers or crimp contacts to wires but inevitably I will short two pins together.  It's only a matter of time ;-)
I don't want to flash in the car because it's my DD and I want to play around with a spare ECU in case I fry/brick it.  Don't want to take out my functioning ECU.
Have plenty of extra OBD/USB cables so I could make the DB9 setup work if I have to.
pvl

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:16:31 AM »

can mpps write over bricked ecus without boot mode? It seems it can do that. Please use google.
EDC15 i thought at least, that it was capable of doing them, when bricked. Never bricked one.

SteveAR : search my friend. I've found a dozen, but all pricey. It will pay-off.

What kind of interface is it to be connected with ?

MPPS can also benchflash and bootmode-flash, and has better support, from version V12.
SteveAR

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:20:15 AM »

I will keep looking on the web for it.  The first interface will just be my ross-tech cable, just to see if I can establish bench communications with the ECU.  Then after that a EBAY cable/ross-tech cable so I can start messing around with getting the IMMO3 SKC switched around to match what my car currently has stored in its dash pod.   After all that I might consider getting into flashing, however that's not my primary use right now.  The spare ECU I have is a exact match to my car so the "software" on it should be fine to get the running.
SteveAR

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »

well I swung by my local boneyard and picked up another (cheap) ECU to play with. they had just cut the harnesses and left the connectors on the ecu. So i whipped up my own harness.  Wasn't as big a pain in the ass as I thought. I successfully "bench" connected to my ECU w/vcds :-)
Nottingham

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:04:54 PM »

It is highly recommended to stay away from those chinese "ME7.x" bench cables.
Several people have burned their ECUs and cables because of them.

Some of the cables sold as ME7.x compatible have been wired for EDC15 and not for ME7.x.
The pin pattern is identical while the pinout is not.
SteveAR

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 08:11:45 PM »

Good to know thanks.  I won't be pursuing anything off the shelf.  I thought there'd be many connections but just power/ground/K line. Easy peezy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: