Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Galletto Dilemma ...  (Read 8115 times)
squirt

« on: November 06, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »

Hello,

I'm new to the world of self-tuning, but I've read up for weeks and I'm encountering an issue that I have not seen addressed.

Setup:  
eBay Galletto cable w/ recent 1260 software/driver (the one linked here)
bench flash harness made from OBD 2x2 adapter with clips on the correct ECU pins
12v "jump pack" battery w/ variable rate charger for power supply
Windows XP laptop
S4 L-box labeled ECU indicating "-AA" software

Here's the problem: I cannot get the Galletto software to connect to the ECU.  If I try in non-boot mode, it hangs and does nothing.  If I try in boot mode (following correct procedure), it gives the "boot mode disabled" error.

I was able to get the software to recognize the ECU.... ONCE a few days ago.  I saw the ECU info on the screen, and I was able to successfully create a copy of the base file on my PC for the factory software.   As a test, I tried to copy the same file back to the ECU, and it just hung.  Since then, I have been unable to connect through Galletto.

I have confirmed that the ECU is still functional(car runs), and I can connect via VCDS.  I also feel confident that I'm successfully putting it into boot mode, because VCDS cannot connect when I follow that sequence.  

I do not have a dumb OBD2 cable or a USB VCDS cable(mine is serial), so I cannot use Nefmoto.  I have tried the whole gamut of input voltage with my Galletto cable from 10.5v to 13v, and everywhere in-between.  I have tried connecting through the car.

When I threw the ECU in the car today, it had about 20 DTCs stored and ran like shit. Once I cleared the DTCs, it ran normally, and they have not come back.  Now that I'm writing this, is it possible that the DTCs were not letting me connect?  I haven't tried since I cleared them.  I'm grasping at straws now.
squirt

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »

Hmm... Clearing the DTCs doesn't seem to have done anything.  

By the way, I've also tried 2 other laptops.

I can't understand why I was able to connect once and never again!
k0mpresd

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »

what is the exact voltage going to the ecu?
squirt

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »

I have tried 12.5v, 13v, 12.0v, 11.5v, etc... Doesn't seem to make any difference.
f1torrents

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 06:22:31 AM »

The ebay galletto's are very sensitive to voltage.
Took me a few days to dial it in. 12.5v seems to be stable.
Measure with a multimeter. Don't assume setting it to 12.5 actually equals 12.5

aef

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 02:20:34 AM »

Had the same problems. Voltage around 11.5 works fine
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:14:01 AM »

Most people don't use galletto unless there are no other options (a failed flash requiring boot mode to recover the ecu). Galletto takes forever, and is generally inferior.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
f1torrents

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:47:05 AM »

Galletto for me in boot mode. is only 158 sec.
I actually have never used OBD with any software.
Boot mode only for me.

How long does nefmoto take in OBD mode?
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:18 AM »

With premium features, generally around 40seconds to a minute. Without, 2:30-3:00.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
squirt

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »

So I just ordered a $10 blue cable from eBay, delivered via slow-boat from China in 10 days, and successfully flashed via Nefmoto in about 2 minutes.  Still not sure what's going on with my Galletto cable, but at least I'm up and running for now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: