Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone with a mostly stock BEL willing to help me out?  (Read 4846 times)
ddillenger

« on: February 26, 2013, 02:49:19 AM »

I have an APR ecu, my car is too different (hardware) to install it. Ideally I'd call APR, but they want me to visit a distributor, of which there are none even remotely close. I'd like to send this to one of you guys (a member in good standing) for an evaluation. It would arrive immo-defeated and properly coded, just install and tell me what's on it.

Or, slowguy could email me. I googled the vin, and apparantly he owned the car at one point.

Thanks guys!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
erroob0977

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »

Auto or manual?

If you haven't gotten this sorted in ~2 weeks I'd be happy to help out. I have an auto BEL, but I've got the motor out of the car right now while I fix up a few things...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:33:15 AM by erroob0977 » Logged

2004 A6 2.7T 6MT: Built motor with SRM RS6/K24s on E85
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »

That's a good question. It's an AA, so tip. I could recode it for manual however, It has been done before.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
erroob0977

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »

Now I was assuming you just wanted to figure out how many programs are on it. I could only use my car to start it up and idle, it wouldn't be safe for me to do logging runs with it - my set-up is too far from stock for that.

2004 A6 2.7T 6MT: Built motor with SRM RS6/K24s on E85
CoupedUp

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:29 PM »

I have an APR ecu, my car is too different (hardware) to install it. Ideally I'd call APR, but they want me to visit a distributor, of which there are none even remotely close. I'd like to send this to one of you guys (a member in good standing) for an evaluation. It would arrive immo-defeated and properly coded, just install and tell me what's on it.

Or, slowguy could email me. I googled the vin, and apparantly he owned the car at one point.

Thanks guys!

I have a 2003 BEL that's 100% stock and have two ECMs so flashing to the spare one wouldn't bother me. I could take a look if you're still in need. Email me at seandeanc@gmail.com if you'd like.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »

I'm not sure you can just flash the file/eeprom without using the actual APR chip. I'd be willing to try if you would, as long as you can bootmode the ecu to write the eeprom, and in case of a brick.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:24:31 PM »

I'm not sure you can just flash the file/eeprom without using the actual APR chip. I'd be willing to try if you would, as long as you can bootmode the ecu to write the eeprom, and in case of a brick.

Theres threads about this somewhere on here but APR changes the map locations and encrypts the file somehow. Good Luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: