Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Author Topic: My Tial 605 Tune Thread  (Read 258997 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2011, 09:06:23 AM »

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Load

ECUxPlot has a load calculator in it that you can compare with your measured load.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2011, 10:00:54 AM »

how do i use it? lol...

sorry but I see a million things to choose for an axis etc..

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »

RPM for X, Calc Load for Y1

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2011, 05:37:45 AM »

Question...

I believe I'm getting TC whenever I push the accelerator from 10-60%.... The car starts to pull and then cuts and then resumes...  It never does it @ 100%

Any ideas of what maps to look at or what I should be looking for in the logs?

I don't have any recent logs (car drives quite well except for a few small things like this) it's always really out out during the day and to be honest I'm just loving the car right now so changing the program hasn't been much of a priority for me lately.  But I would like to get the TC, light cruise AFR and warm start issues resolved to really make this tune solid.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »

Dont guess, log.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »

The top 3 usual suspects

1) boost deviation
2) ASR
3) it's not TC and its actually misfires

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »

Dont guess, log.

I know, I will... Smiley

Was just putting it out there Tongue

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2011, 05:32:36 AM »

So yesterday I've made 3 more revisions...

1st. Added Anti-Lag & NLS and reduced TVUB as an experiment.

Notes... Didn't notice too much of a difference, although it did tend to run a little leaner down low (especially where I played with the MAF correction table).

As for ALS and NLS... WOW, that is amazing... works like a charm especially NLS I love shifting like that, and it just goes into gear like butter.

2nd rev. Set MAF correction table back to 1.0 for the most parts.  Lowered TVUB even more.

low load and idle AFR's still good no oddities, but still rich @ ultra light load.  Tried a launch with ALS, bogged a bit.  Then I turned off the car, and it wouldn't start after that.

Attempted to try to connect with NefMoto and VCDS, nada... Checked fuses, everything is ok.  I started to assume that for whatever reason the checksum was bad in the ECU (even though the MTX plug in said it was corrected).  Luckily I had my Galletto cable with me, and I was able to bring it back to life with a Boot-Mode flash.

3rd rev. Adj. ALS limit higher, and reduced TVUB even more.  This time checked the flash checksum with WinOLS (It found they were ok, but I resaved it anyway).  This flash seems to be ok.  Light cruise still very rich (doesn't seem to be getting better at all by decreasing TVUB).

That's where I'm at right now.  I'm hoping that the weather cools down today a bit and maybe later tonight I will get a log or two.

Snow Trooper

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »

we are about the same spot in our tunes, fine tuning i guess.  I too have been running into issues where it says the checksums are solid when they arent.

what MS are you using on the NLS now and what rpm on the ALS?  I have had it at 4500 rpm (feel its too agressive, yet i need revs not to bog my turbo) and 600ms on the NLS

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »

we are about the same spot in our tunes, fine tuning i guess.  I too have been running into issues where it says the checksums are solid when they arent.

what MS are you using on the NLS now and what rpm on the ALS?  I have had it at 4500 rpm (feel its too agressive, yet i need revs not to bog my turbo) and 600ms on the NLS

I agree... for the most part my tune is very solid and honestly it's a tune that I can beat the eff out of and not worry about blowing it up.

Settings are as follows...

ALS: 4600 RPM

NLS: 300 ms, 5500 activation, 90% TPS

I'm pretty happy with these settings... might need to adjust for it when at the track tho.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2011, 01:58:42 PM »

Light cruise still very rich (doesn't seem to be getting better at all by decreasing TVUB).

Is idle still rich too?

Have you played with FKKVS?

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

Jared: any chance you can come down to LA once we get WMS's dyno up and running properly?

Might be fun spending a weekend dicking with a beater 2.7t on the dyno.

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2011, 07:59:35 PM »

Logs from tonight..

Single gear (3rd):

Multigear (2nd-6th):

And attached to the post, the log file that should show the TC (somewhere around the beginning of the log).

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »

Is idle still rich too?

Have you played with FKKVS?

Idle is fine, and no I haven't at all touched that map.

Also, on the Multigear run it worries me a little that the O2 readings are not equal or is this normal?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »

Can't trust narrowband O2s... output will vary by sensor (and aging, etc).

BUT i do worry about your EGTs ...

are they coded out?

still havent' checked out your throttle cut; i will do it time permitting. Also, might want to post this to QW and ill have jd take a peek..

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: