Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 95040 EEPROM programmer  (Read 51362 times)
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »

I had to specify the memtype, and CSpin to write mine, but somebody will chime in as to whether or not that applies to you.

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
xr500t

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »

I had to specify the memtype, and CSpin to write mine, but somebody will chime in as to whether or not that applies to you.

Hey Jackson--just tried again with the same results, disappointing to say the least. Anyway, can you point me in the right direction on where I can read on memtype and CSpin? I did a search and am coming up empty.
coreyj03

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »

ive never had the trouble with argdub tool as you are having.works first try everytime for me with 95040 Huh  actually i have had problems with the 5P08C3  it would not communicate and i had problems with getting the ecus into bootmode.  i ended up having to desolder the eeprom and put it into a GQ-4X and manually read and modify for immo off.
xr500t

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »

ive never had the trouble with argdub tool as you are having.works first try everytime for me with 95040 Huh  actually i have had problems with the 5P08C3  it would not communicate and i had problems with getting the ecus into bootmode.  i ended up having to desolder the eeprom and put it into a GQ-4X and manually read and modify for immo off.

Hey Corey, thanks for your reply. However, All the issues I've been having are and have been documented by others on this forum, both by the experienced and inexperienced. I just happened to have highlighted the problems as they happen as well well as the problem being resolved, with an explanation as how it was resolved. Most people are giving up, others just say problem fixed, with no procedure as to how they got there. This is why people get frustrated and you get a lot of noob questions, people just can't find stuff. I admit, I'm a noob, and I dove in the deep end but I don't have two left thumbs, unfortunately, there are people on all boards who can't change a tire, never mind trying this!

Anyway, I found a post where Argdub himself addresses the problem I'm having as an incorrect message (writing ok, when it's not), the guy he helps, figures out the problem, but does not outline how he got around to the fix....further perpetuating the pain! Tongue

If it helps anyone trying to get on to boot mode, I did it with the case open and grounding pin 24 right on the chip. The first time I got in to bmode, it was sheer luck, the 2nd time it was brutal, almost gave up. I ended turning the ignition switch on and then grounding pin 24 by tapping it a couple of times, then running the program reasonably quick.

Maybe I'm using the wrong version (1.30), I'm not sure I need specify memtype or chip select, as you can see the program identified those, possibly incorrect, but I don't know that, somebody does thought.  I'm putting up a profile picture of one of my projects (not an Audi) but not for the faint of heart....it's got a 16v hybrid conversion. So, can I work on cars? I think I can.

jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »

Read the entire stickied thread understanding/retrofitting immobilizer. I forget but I think it was version 1.40 I used which lets you specify the CSpin, and memtype.

Boot pin for full 10 seconds. Command string looked like this:

jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

and you really don't want to go poking around... TRUST ME!

ddillenger

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 11:48:06 PM »

and you really don't want to go poking around... TRUST ME!

Speaking of which, I got an ecu in for you today. Going to send it out Monday. STAY. OUT. OF. IT.

I'll cut one of the unused pins and make it a switchable bootpin for you Tongue

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2013, 06:04:25 AM »

HOORAY!

xr500t

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »

HOORAY!

Man, it's in my nature to open up stuff and poke!  Grin I'll give it a shot, I ended finding a couple of threads with similar arguments, so thanks for making it clear thought. I think that I'm also going to make sure my power supply is a little more steady. I've been charging the battery prior to doing the write, but I'm adding a battery charger to it.
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »

Bro, I know.. All things must be poked, prodded, burnt or bricked for people like us to truly learn... But I think I've gone through 3 now... and hopefully this ones welded shut.. WHATEVER YOU DO! DON'T DRINK and do anything BUT you're wife..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: