Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: 1.8t Garret gt30 tune  (Read 45971 times)
marcello7x

« on: April 16, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »

This is taken from a pro tuned gt30 1.8t file. Is it crazy or am I?

This thread was previously named "Crazy high KFMIRL???" It then became my progress through improving and fine tuning this tune while i learn more about the me7.5 and tuning in general.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:35:34 AM by marcello7x » Logged
masterj

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »

please post LDRXN map also...

Right know turbo should max out at 2.4bar... But you should look into LDRXN map as it limits KFMIRL.

marcello7x

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »

Its just as high, give me one second and i'll post it.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »

2.4bar = ~35 psi... do able...

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
marcello7x

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »

Yes doable, not on a stock block Shocked

anyways here is the ldrxn. Issue with the tune if im not mistaken is the KFMIOP was grossly wrong so it would go into limit and fall on its face before it could make 1 bar.
masterj

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »

Yes doable, not on a stock block Shocked

anyways here is the ldrxn. Issue with the tune if im not mistaken is the KFMIOP was grossly wrong so it would go into limit and fall on its face before it could make 1 bar.

LDRXN is a little bit interesting... I always thought that big turbos shouldn't decrease boost as RPM rises, but instead increase it. Only small turbos does that... hm... at ~2000 rpm LDRXN limits 2.4bar

P.S> Offtopic but could you show your kfmiop map?

littco

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »

LDRXN is a little bit interesting... I always thought that big turbos shouldn't decrease boost as RPM rises, but instead increase it. Only small turbos does that... hm... at ~2000 rpm LDRXN limits 2.4bar

P.S> Offtopic but could you show your kfmiop map?

Exactly! Certainly on my k04 hybrids, admittedly it's no gt30 but still the ldrxn hits about 190 at 3500 rpm, then steadily rises to 210 at 6500rpm, the increase gives a constant boost as the rpms and VE of the engine increase. I peak at 18psi and hold it till redline, surely the one shown above would peak at 35psi and then just die away making a very tame 3250-redline drive. I say tame in jest as no gt30 would be tame :-)

marcello7x

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:33:05 AM »

Thats a very good point, i'll pull up the map when i get a chance. The file is in the tuned files section with a mappack posted by PVL. It doesn't show a KFMIOP map, but comparing stock bins i was able to find it and its address is on the second page of the tune thread. Unless i screwed up, its outragous, aka in the 1000's.

Edit, i did screw up im looking at the wrong address. I'll go through it and figure it out then post it up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:02:20 AM by marcello7x » Logged
RaraK

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 06:23:33 AM »

think outside the box and why this works.

if you see how other car's(non VAG but meX) you will see how they calibrate different, you will see similar setup maybe(hint GM).  The pro tuner probably has some experience on that end and thus tuning in this manner.  you would be surprised when you start looking at same ecu but different platform on how the OEM's are calibrating in different manner. 

Its not improper, just a different way of doing things compared to how a lot of people do things here.
marcello7x

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 07:02:24 AM »

So I fixed my scaling, here is the correct map. I understand there are different methods of tuning, but this tuner is specialized in VAG. After i get this tune dialed in, i'll be looking back into the GM stuff. Specifically LSx platform. Anyways, it is basically stock with modified axis.

RaraK

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »

yea most match up the axis, but you dont have to really.  all these maps do is convert a torque to a required load to reach that torque, you can make the load whatever you want to meet your so called torque at a given point.  You may say it takes a load value of 400 to make 100 torque, but you could say the same for say 200tq depending on how you scale. 

I find it easier to leave these maps alone, and make sure iop maxes out 100 in highest tq, then IRL i can mess with all i want.  I do max out the UM tables to 100 accross the board though.

Theres just different ways to do things in the grand scheme of things, LDRXN does NOT equal a boost number, people keep thinking this for some reason.  There is a general formula for most stock tunes that gives you a rough boost you will achieve, but its just the load cap, thats all it is, load will follow this assuming IRL is tuned in appropriately.

I do NOT taper like stock in any of my files either, i ride it up the whole way, in a stock 2.0tfsi file i ride it up to about 220 at redline.  Just my style of tuning thats all. 

marcello7x

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 07:53:35 AM »

I used that LDRXN general formula, through the nice excel file in the sticky, to limit down to around 19-20psi. But i have yet to try this tune yet. The car is getting some hardware tweaks and a tune up since its been mostly sitting for the past 3 years.

I really just want to see how it reacts. My main concern is figuring out what saftey is kicking in before making full boost.
RaraK

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »

what do you mean safety?  What fueling its getting?
marcello7x

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »

Not sure what was kicking in all i know, well up untill yesterday, is it would not make more than 1 bar, then fall on its face in upper rpm. With a manual boost controller it could only make 13psi, then i think since it could not control with the n75 it started closing the throttlebody. This should have been a perfect tune considering what was paid for it. With KFMIOP adjusted with the help of the excel calculator, we easily spiked at 35 psi yesterday, before the N75 could do its job[10psi spring in WG, and tuning for duty cycle left stock.]

I still have yet to run any logs since my laptop is fried, and i don't have his set up since our sceduals are tight and we only had time to give the new tweaks a quick test to see if it built boost. Then we spent time doing donuts. Mid engine RWD GTI FTW!!!
RaraK

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »

Well.

If you use that calculator you will change things in the ecu, but you must reflect changes elsewhere too!

Dont blindly change some of this stuff, you can cause damage obviously. Ever think you had other issues before with car maybe not tunes fault.

Hard to say anything without data, if you do logging and stuff im sure we can help you here get it where you want it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: