Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NEW and Having troubles!! Do I Download ME7 AM29F800 Layout??? IDK!!! Im Stuck  (Read 7026 times)
AceA4

Im new to this and very excited to flash a new tune for now as I learn to and build my own tune. Idk how or where to download the memory layout ME7 AM29F800. I have a 2001 A4 Quattro 1.8t with 5 speed. Someone...ANYone!!! Help me!! I probably look foolish. I tried reading everywhere and searching for info. Im stuck. Please help.
AceA4

Also the tune if found is attatched. My car is stock and somewhat of a daily driver....For now!  Wink

Any better tunes for 93 octane that r tested and popular please let me know. Or how/where to find tunes that will work for me.

Any info needed let me know. Thanks. 
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

In the nefmoto folder, under memory layouts?...

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
gigabyte

Have you read http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started
The memory layout you just change to the required one if your using the nefmoto software. You don't need to download it at all.
Good luck and enjoy
AceA4

when i got to choose the memory layout. It wants to search my computer for an .xml file. Which i obviosly dont have. How do I tell the program that the layout is AM29F800???
AceA4

Wow, nm i got it. But tunes would be nice. Im all stock other than clutch. What r the best bang for buck and or first necessary mods?? I was thinkin... in this order

Cold Air
Ehaust/cat
Downtube/mani
injectors
k04
Intercooler and all piping

Do cams open the 1.8 enough to make it worth the CA$H
gigabyte

Modding is all about how far your willing to push your cash and how much you got to spend.
The cheapest to start with would be induction kit but not a big impact on car power. Turbo will make a difference but only once a remap will cater for the change. Obviously once you change inter cooler, injectors you can push the car more.
That's my opinion but you probably get better advice from someone on here that's heavily into modding.
Just a stage 1 map can give a nice feel but depending how fast you want the car mate
gigabyte

Oh as far as I know cams ain't worth doing to the 1.8T but may be wrong
ddillenger

In order of importance (In my opinion)

Tune
Catless downpipe
Diverter valve
Injectors
Intercooler

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
AceA4

Thanks for the input. Im going to do a stage 1 93 tune for now. Then catless and exhaust. Whats the best tune out there for a stock a4 1.8? The one I have currently (which isn't flashed yet...will within the next few days) is basically the only one I found for my application. If anyone knows of a tune on here similar to apr stage 1, or even a reversed engineered apr itself Wink... Let me know and id be forever grateful. Or like the GIAC or whatever.
ddillenger

or even a reversed engineered apr itself Wink... Let me know and id be forever grateful. Or like the GIAC or whatever.

This website is about learning to DIY. NOT copying/taking things that don't belong to you.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
AceA4

Also, is this the right mem layout? Or is it am29f800BB or 88....idk whether its bb or 88 at the end. Lol Cheesy
AceA4

I understand this. Thats how I found this site was to able to customize my OWN tunes. I just want one to put on while I get another ecu to tune on and toy with things. I figured there would be people who have a good tune, similar to the apr that would be happy to share and let others use. Maybe im wrong. Hope not. Im sure someone has decoded big companies software and claim their own. I was saying im ok with using that as I tune and toy with this car.

Side note, how do I know which of the two memory layout r correct for my application.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: