Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project time  (Read 7295 times)
Snow Trooper

« on: April 19, 2015, 07:23:53 PM »

In this thread I will post up various cars which roll into my shop and what mods they have and then you, the community can tune them for me for free.

It will be fun and I can't believe I wasted so much time and effort before using my own brain.

Thanks guys, first up is....

Roll Eyes

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Three77

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »

Brilliant!

It's amazing that someone hasn't thought of this first.  Grin
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »

Hate all you want, but this is MUCH better than the tuned files section.

That, and we have the noob questions in their respective threads.

If for no other reason, it cleaned up the forums. I don't mind a little handholding if it helps the community as a whole.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Snow Trooper

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 03:13:11 PM »

Sorry, I was grumpy  Tongue

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »

No, I get it. The more into this I get the more I wonder if the spoonfeeding is a disservice. All I can say is that I have been spoonfed here and there, but that didn't stop me from striving to better understand what I was doing. My hope is that tangible results will encourage good behavior.

Parenting 101 I guess-lol.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »

The more into this I get the more I wonder if the spoonfeeding is a disservice.

It's only a disservice if the info is already available in a digestible format. If it isn't, the solution isn't spoonfeeding, rather, it is to do a writeup that you can refer to.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
robsa6

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »

For me ( not a whole lot of stock ) the spoon feeding I siphoned off the top of threads allowed me to get a car running better than it was in turn leaving a question... Whats left on the table? I personally am not comfortable until I 1. learn everything there is to learn about a subject. or 2. realize im in way over my head and submit to the fact that ill not ever get the concept at hand. Either way spoon feeding someone will only get them so far. After that hardware differences, environmental diffs, ect will keep "spoon man" with a rough running car and or severe costs for assorted melted scrap chunks that end up needing replaced... Disservice? I think the best training comes from 1. hard fought wins or 2. EXPENSIVE consequences. Having said that I was encouraged by someone here to fight thru and continue to try rather than pay (that person in fact) to have it tuned. Given the circumstances in my case the disservice would have been in my decision not to carry on. Thanks for all who chime in to help and those who ask the questions!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 08:39:26 PM »

For me, no matter how tiring it gets to spoonfeed a dozen (or a hundred) idiots, just seeing a few get out there and get things done makes up for it.

I know I can be a dick here, but it is all for show. I'll take success where I can get it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
wiley

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 05:20:15 PM »

Hope this isnt a secret meeting I'm barging into, heres my 2 cents as a noob. I think being a bit of a dick to us noobs seperates the ones that want to learn from the ones that want a handout.

so thanks all of you. keep on being mild dicks.  Wink
Lauria112

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 04:27:37 AM »

Hope this isnt a secret meeting I'm barging into, heres my 2 cents as a noob. I think being a bit of a dick to us noobs seperates the ones that want to learn from the ones that want a handout.

so thanks all of you. keep on being mild dicks.  Wink

+1
I know I did come here to learn and I have had good answers to my questions and been pushed to right direction. Thanks for all you gurus helping us noobs get our head spinning
mister t

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

Snowtrooper:

I heartily agree with this approach you're taking.

There are 3 types of people on the forums:

1) those who will learn no matter how little they are given
2) those who won't learn no matter how much they are given
3) those who want to learn, will learn and would eventually contribute to the community but end up getting put off by having to learn everything from scratch 

Types 1 & 2 aren't going to change no matter what you do. However, we as a community win by keeping the 3rd type around.

I can personally attest that this whole tuning thing came together for me when I found Nyet's big list of factors and a bunch of defined OLS files.

So congrats, I look forward to contributing what I can to your project  Cheesy
vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »

Snowtrooper:
So congrats, I look forward to contributing what I can to your project  Cheesy

I might be wrong, but I think Snowtr00per's OP was 99.9% sarcasm.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: