Pages: [1]
Author Topic: engine stalls upon data transfer with VCDS and Galetto1260  (Read 4404 times)
doubas

« on: January 11, 2016, 12:21:38 PM »

Hello all,
I dunno if it's the right place to ask this but am having a weird issue.
I have a 1999 GTI MK4 with AGU (ME3.Cool engine, which is under the process of receiving a complete 2003 20th anni loom (ME7.5).
I managed to start the car and everything seems ok except a rough idle with various DTC errors due to missing sensors which will be tuned out.
My target is to have some logging prior to some mild tuning as I am new to this world, I can scan all modules with no errors while the engine is off, but as soon as I start the car VCDS disconnects and sometimes when trying to connect to engine module the car stalls.
I have tried Galetto 1260/ME7Logger combination but same stalling issue.
Can anyone with prior experience chime in and point me to the right direction? I have tried looking on the web but couldn't find anything similar to this issue.
Thanks in advance.
aef

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 05:44:07 AM »

Wiring issue!

try cabling just one line from ecu to odb port.

Check the three cables to obd port, leave canbus aside.
adam-

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »

^ That.  Run a separate k-line.  Disconnect the cluster once the car is started and then attempt to connect.
doubas

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:30:56 AM »

Thanks for your replies,

I will run a wire from the ecu to the VCDS in the next couple days and get back.

adam-

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »

You need to disable the others too.  Try my solution first.  If you run a seperate line, the ECU needs to connect to the cluster first, and when its running you need to activate your spare line and remove the rest from the system.

So, start the car with normal k-lines.  When running, cut the ECU and OBD k-line and run a new ODB to ECU k-line.
doubas

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 11:33:34 AM »

You need to disable the others too.  Try my solution first.  If you run a seperate line, the ECU needs to connect to the cluster first, and when its running you need to activate your spare line and remove the rest from the system.

So, start the car with normal k-lines.  When running, cut the ECU and OBD k-line and run a new ODB to ECU k-line.

thanks,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: