Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Willing to pay for help. 3 ecu's not responding. Tried everything. Please read!  (Read 9094 times)
cactusgreens4

I currently have 3 ecu's that have all gone haywire. I first started out flashing a few files from the forums to my car and had no problems. Later I got the mtx checksum plugin for tuner pro and began to edit my tunes myself. I flashed probably a dozen or more different tunes to my ecu with no problems. I currently have no cats and the rear o2's are coded out along with the egt's. I also have a larger maf housing and a hitachi maf and ev14 52 lb injectors. plus the jhm front mount. I had a pretty decent tune for my car that I was working on and one day I went and flashed a new updated tune to the car and now it wont start. The checksums are good. Everything was normal and done as before except for the car not running. I cannot figure out what went wrong, and the strange thing is that it has gone wrong THREE times now!?!!?!

After looking into it I soon realized that after flashing the file I could not communicate with my ecu. In boot mode with galletto or normally with nefmoto flasher. Nothing worked. And trust me I tried everything. Including argdubs eeprom reader, nothing connects. So next I bought a new ecu from someone and when I hooked it up on my bench I could read the ecu, so I proceeded to write my file to the ecu and after it said completed I disconnected and shut off power to the ecu. After turning power back on I can no longer connect. WTF??? I now have three different ecu's that are now not communicating. The nefmoto software tries to connect three times and then stops. On galletto it says "Opening port impossible"

So that makes three ecus that I am willing to pay someone to fix if they can. Plus I am also looking for help as to why these different files I have tried to flash continue to BRICK the ecu?

Here is the file I loaded onto the ecu if anyone wants to look at it and see if maybe there is a problem with the bin file or what? However I do not think there is and the checksums appear to be correct.

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.
k0mpresd

pm'd you and btw, opening port impossible in eobd software means the software does not detect the cable.
cactusgreens4

Well I dont know how the software cannot detect the cable because I used galletto before when accessing the ecu and flashing a new file in boot mode once before when I had a problem. And if thats the case then how come nefmoto flash tool can read the ecu and write to it but then once I load a file it seems to no longer work.
Giannis

Have you tried bench flashing those ecus?
savages4

Where are you located?  If your local I can help you fix them, if not you could send them in to me as well.
cactusgreens4

Have you tried bench flashing those ecus?

Yes
Where are you located?  If your local I can help you fix them, if not you could send them in to me as well.

Pm sent
Giannis

good luck then please post resaults.
cactusgreens4

good luck then please post resaults.

Thank you sir. And I most certainly will.
cactusgreens4

Sent ecu's to k0mpressd. He fixed them but said my file I was trying to load was bad so here is my new file, hopefully everything will work flawlessly now. Thanks k0mpressd for your help.
robin

You can lock an ECU with a bad checksum. Sometimes only fix is burning new eprom and soldering a new chip.
thom337

...should always be recoverable with bootmode  Wink Unless you fried something on the board or somehow corrupted the tiny irom/bootstrap loader in the processor (never seen this done before).
k0mpresd

2 of his ecus i reflashed eeprom and then reflashed in bootmode.
the other ecu has a damaged cpu.
cactusgreens4

and for some reason i can no longer make a good file... even though i have done it 50 times... i think something is wrong.
cactusgreens4

beware all... do not upload these tunes because they are having problems and bricking ecu's however if you want to check them for problems feel free to do so and let me know if you find anything...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: